21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
Hard to say. I didn't have to rejet my Xpedition. I used a single 2"

·
Registered
779 Posts
im thinking of doing the two 1.5" pieces and hoping that will equal out to having one short 2" one like i do now since it is traveling a greater distance ! Guess all i can do is try it huh?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I try to check this thread from time to time, it seems people are still using my write up (which is good- that is what it is there for).

This was done in my more amateur days of snorkeling, but I'm still proud of it and have done several other Sportsmans (And Arctic Cats, Hondas, Kawaskis, Yamahas.... etc..) the same way with no problems whatsoever.

The most annoying part of any snorkel job is getting the airflow right, The Magnums didn't use the same carbs as the 500 HO Sportsmans (but did use the same as the pre-H.O. models). It would be hard to say whether or not going with 1.5 would be enough. However, you can always restrict airflow once the snorkels are in place by simply putting some electrical tape on the snorkels to restrict as necessary. It isn't the best way to compensate, but it is the easiest and still maintains an (in my opinion) acceptable route to get the air/fuel mixture close to factory settings. I always prefer to err on the side of caution and will take a rich mixture (more fuel/less air) over a lean mixture.

Good luck on your snorkels!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey fellas. I have a 425 xpedition and I am having the ruffest time getting a good solid place to mount onto or into my airbox. Any help

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just ran mine straight up between gas tank plastics and seat but u might can bend ur rubber airbox neck down and run it under gas tank and up infront of ur high beam headlight ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367284725.640635.jpg

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well those black rubber pices pop off so u cant clamp nothin to em but u might can make a plate or get a plate with two 1.5" outlets already made on it like what RDC makes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you send me a link when you have some time?

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Or could i put the pvc or whatever down there and put some like silicon to waterproof it?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I used to have a magnum I snorkeled in a similar fashion to Caleb. I used a short piece of thin wall pipe and put it directly into the original stock rubber snorkel. I think it was 1 1/4" pipe but not sure. The thin wall pipe allowed it a very snug fit but didn't restrict the air flow. I then adapted it up to 1 1/2 and ran it to the rack and up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did u have to rejet and what size magnum did u have?
It was a 95(I think) magnum 425. I did not have to rejet it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

21 - 40 of 49 Posts