Mud in My Blood Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts
Well since im in Canada i have to compensate once again. all 3/4 tee and 3/4 barbed male adapters. will it flow enough or do i need 1"? Canadian tire had barley anything.
I have been using this set up for the last few month's , no problems ( knock on wood) , I bought the 1 " to do this , but there was no way it was going to fit in the coolant line , plus when all the fitting's and stuff were together it was about 10" long .

Anyone else having problems with these gauges? I used the same that phreebsd did water gets inside the front from washing it, then heat just makes the whole thing a cloud. and it won't come out easily. The back IS water tight....i made sure of it witha crap load of silicone.

Anyone else having problems with these gauges? I used the same that phreebsd did water gets inside the front from washing it, then heat just makes the whole thing a cloud. and it won't come out easily. The back IS water tight....i made sure of it witha crap load of silicone.
I plan on doing this mod, but would like to know who has found a high quality guage that won't leak... I'll gladly pay a few more bucks to get one that is sealed good..

Someone mentioned marine guages??

Ill replace mine eventually, I spray mine lightly with a hose while washing it and water goes right through the front it's ridiculous.

Unless its a marine grade gauge, your going to have fogging.... Unless you seal the lens. What I did was, I bought some clear, flowable windshield sealer. I added it to around the lens and around the ring that holds the lens to the gauge. Use a dry cloth to wipe the excess off around the outside edge of the lens. I haven't had any fogging issues

Trail Tech Offroad (TTO) Gauge

I bought the TTO digital temp gauge for mine. install was a snap. Only had to cut radiator hose, insert, clamp and mount gauge. I have had absolutly no issues with it. Only down fall is no back light. It is 100% self contained, power supply and all. My phone is not letting me upload pics right now, but ill add them tomorrow at work.

I bought the TTO digital temp gauge for mine. install was a snap. Only had to cut radiator hose, insert, clamp and mount gauge. I have had absolutly no issues with it. Only down fall is no back light. It is 100% self contained, power supply and all. My phone is not letting me upload pics right now, but ill add them tomorrow at work.
Here are the pics

Attachments

I bought mine from oreillys for $30 I think. It was pretty cheap. Siliconed the back of it to keep water out. I've had it on there for over 2 years with no issues. And the light still works!

Sent from my droid when I should be working. MIMB RULES!

Mine is a 650 but can I just make a T inline somewhere and install by gauge there? How accurate would that be? I'm really wanting a temp gauge on mine but having a hard time figuring it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

650-750 it doesn't matter. Just make sure you put the T in the upper rad hose. You want the temp reading coming from the engine not the radiator

650-750 it doesn't matter. Just make sure you put the T in the upper rad hose. You want the temp reading coming from the engine not the radiator
Thanks bud if posted on a couple threads trying to get an answer. I appreciate it.

Could you use PVC pipe fittings to install the sensor into?

I dunno if your gonna find any pvc rated for the high water temps. I doubt regular pvc would holdup over time, but I could be wrong.

"Killing Time Using Tapatalk 2"

No. You are right. I looked it up.
PVC - max. temp. 140
CPVC - max. temp. 200

Sure would be easier to work with and lighter weight on hose.

I've seen inline adapters on Ebay and in Jegs catalogs that are tiny....like a hose splice, but have the threaded hole for the probe to drop in. Kinda pricy, but nice! :D

this is what I used

^ yup thats exactly what I was talking about.

Temp gauge set up

My temp gauge set up also installed a new radiator fan and manual switch

Attachments

101 - 120 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.