Mud in My Blood Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts
Its nice to have a temp gauge, I need to install one on my newest machine. Most of my buddies install them also.

it's awesome. Can you drill and tap the thermostat housing on an 08+ brute? I seen a post during the first of this thread say only 07 and down. It looks like i have enough room to put a probe for an electric gauge.

For the fogging issue why couldn't a guy run a thin line of super glue around the face of the gauge and silicon the back like the rest have done? Might not seal all the gauges but should help and it's relatively see through.

Just did this to 05 750 works is everyone running a temp of 200 before coolin fan kicks on turn off at 195 just thought I would ask

has anyone installed digital temp switch on there brute

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

just ordered a temp/oil/volts combo kit fully waterproof , ill let u know how it goes

hey guys just installed the digital oil/coolant/volt gauge , its water proof and garenteed for a year warranty , only 60$ to the door

hey guys just installed the digital oil/coolant/volt gauge , its water proof and garenteed for a year warranty , only 60$ to the door
What brand? Where to purchase?

ebay Top Gauge Digital Motorcycle Motobike Oil Temp Gauge Meter Red LED Waterproof | eBay

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

oil temp comes with fitting to go direct into oil plug , coolant youll have to tap into ur right coolant line but theres a spot right after ur thermostat where u cant see it if u take a piece of spash gaugrd off so it looks clean
Hey canadian brute the link you posted on ebay reads oil and temp or i need to buy 2 of these for oil and coolant temp

Lowe's didn't have the 1x1x3/4, but they did have 1x1x1/2. Could I just use that and not worry about the bushing? Is the bushing strictly used as a reducer? It is there a clearance issue if I don't use it?
I was wondering the same thing, I can't seem to find the 1x1x3/4 anywhere locally.

I looked high and low and cannot find the bushing that's needed. Can someone take a better picture of the bushing so I can see exactly what i need and maybe I can substitute something else. I have everything else at this point, but not that stupid bushing.

What if I did like willynilly said and use a 1x1x1/2 tee, could I plug the gauge right into the tee without the bushing in that case?

Yes, if you can find a tee the same size as the sending unit you won't need the reducer.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.