Mud in My Blood Forum banner
201 - 213 of 213 Posts
Discussion starter · #201 ·
Has anyone experimented with different size line if 3/8 id is the only way to go or would 1/2 be better? (if room permits) I havent installed mine yet with 3/8 line to see how much room i will actually have but looking at pictures it seems like i would have plenty.
1/2 would be a problem turning it along the frame. Besides, 3/8" is almost 2-times larger then necessary for the amount of flow.

I put 1/2" Aeroquip line in mine, not a problem at all to run.

Has anyone done this that rides in alot of water? Wondering how the cool water hitting the hot cooler will affect the oil temps, meaning will it get too cool?

Plan on doing this when I get back on dry land. My rad is already racked so I will put the oil cooler in the stock radiator location.

It will be all right Dave that's where Scotts oil cooler was located I have mine mounted in front of rad but both of Als bikes are in the old rad location also

Awesome thanks rick. Will start the procurement process lol

Here is my set up. Don't judge by the oil on the bottom of the motor lol time for another seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something more productive.

I have a question for y'all. How much room is really between the oil filter boss and the front output (white circle in picture)? If possible, I'd like to mount an adapter with the ports facing the output with the shortest 90 degree fittings available so the lines can run straight forward. The second pic is a blueprint I whipped up showing what I want to do. The view is looking at the filter from the left side of the quad. My lines will be 3/8" stainless aircraft hydraulic tubing all the way mounted in rubber-lined clamps. I work with a lot of hydraulics guys, so why not take advantage of it, right? I plan to mount the cooler in front of the radiator as I don't ride in mud, I don't flog the crap out of my equipment, and I plan to upgrade to an s-blade fan like others have done. Please forgive me for asking, but I don't even have a BF750 yet, and I'm still in Korea, so I can't look at one. My parts list is as follows:

Earl's billet sandwich adapter (PN 517ERL)
Derale 180 degree thermostatic control valve (PN13011)
Tru-Cool plate cooler (PN L7B)
Various hydraulic fittings
3/8" stainless aircraft hydraulic tubing
Rubber-lined tubing clamps

Attachments

Discussion starter · #210 ·
How much room is really between the oil filter boss and the front output
On most adaptors the filter outside edge is very close to the same as the adaptor however the two ports are on bosses that extent slightly farther as in the photo so quick 90s such as a street 90 should be OK. And just FYI, no plate cooler is as efficient as the finned cooler from Perma Cool. It will take a larger plate cooler to do the same amount of radiation and that blocks more of the radiator which reduces it's cooling plus the added heat from that oil cooler onto the radiator reduces it even farther. Its a balance of shared airflow. The oil cooler has to be in the air stream but can't block more then 1/4 of the radiator otherwise the coolant temps run higher. To achieve that ratio you need the smallest but most efficient oil cooler. The one I used tested the best in all applications. That's why I picked it. Less then half of it is actually in the air flow yet both my oil and coolant temps are in the same range-between 195-205 99% of the time. Food for thought.

Proud to report that after ridding all weekend oil temps never got above 200 and no leaks whatsoever!!! Oh and on a side note, my rear seal is nice and dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something more productive.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.