Mud in My Blood Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts
mines filling and puking oil through the vent tube and its leaking out the can itself.. definitely something I don't trust when going deep.

IDK if the colar will work either.. 5 snorkels going through there.. lol

mines filling and puking oil through the vent tube and its leaking out the can itself.. definitely something I don't trust when going deep.

IDK if the colar will work either.. 5 snorkels going through there.. lol

I just wonder why you are getting soo much oil up there.. I just had a strange thought...everyone puts catchcans at the end of the vent tube...what would be wrong with building one that sets just above the vent port at the case..some kind of baffled can that will hold quit a bit but will drain right back into the case. Food for thought.

BBK + I stab the throttle + do wheelies a lot. only pukes oil out the filter if im really really given er, lol.

another problem that annoys me is that it will fill with oil and not drain, so when I park it and check the oil it looks like I lost quite a bit. Ill fill it back up not thinking and when it does drain it makes too much oil and just blows out the vent.. annoying.

As far as I know its crankcase pressure that forces the oil up into the vent chamber and out the vent. More so when the case is rotated...as in a wheelie. And of course BBKs do way more because of the extra compression and leak-by the rings. So if that pressure wasn't allowed to build, it shouldn't be able to flow up the vent. I wonder if it wouldn't be worth a try to port one of the front valve covers and run just a vent to the pod just as a pressure relief.

it would probably help but the bike is also up for sale, dont really want to add another vent. Would like to fix the current catch can situation first and see what that does because there an obvious problem there.

I was thinking.. maybe I can just pull the side cover off, check out the bottle see if it really is leaking or not (if there is even the littlest leak im firing it in the garbage. Hard to tell though if its oil puked from the vent leaking down to the bottle or the actual bottle leaking.) And instead of routing the return all the way back to the rear exhaust, ill just swap the inspection covers with the front exhaust and rear exhaust cover. so that way the return is right below the bottle. now this is IF there is room, ill pull the side cover and get picks for you guys tonight.

I siliconed mine as soon as I got it, but still.. all it really is is a container with 3 holes in it.. I think mine cost like $25 in Canada, it really should be sealed.

Waitin for supper now, after im done eating ill head out tonight and get some pics.

I siliconed mine as soon as I got it, but still.. all it really is is a container with 3 holes in it.. I think mine cost like $25 in Canada, it really should be sealed.

Waitin for supper now, after im done eating ill head out tonight and get some pics.
Yeah after supper I'm going out to work on my EZ-Steer install some more.

get some pics and post em up, im curious to see the quality and what you get in the kit but, that is for another thread ;)

This was my first attept at building a catch can. It work fine at "normal" riding and moderate rpms , but, still spit oil at higher sustained rpms.

I recently went to something I found on a "tuner" forum. It's a oil/water filter for a compressed air system like you would hang on the wall of your shop. Works perfectly. I removed the brass filter from inside and re-installed the baffle that keeps the oil from splashing up into the vent. I also removed the valve from the bottom and installed a barbed fitting. Oil drains back down straight into the intake side valve cover on the front rocker cover. The bowl can be removed for cleaning also.

very nice setup for sure stogi, that would be just about perfect design. Also looks like she ain't gonna leak, lol.

So here is the set up, notice the return going under the carbs and back up a little. looks like the return is right above the front cyl intake inspection cover so I might use that.

Attachments

Would also like to add. When it first puked oil actually out the filter, when I got home I noticed my oil got "dirty"/black in that ride alone when usually it takes well months to get black.

Took the return hose that goes to the hear head off and this is what was in it..

bunch of brown/white mixed oil just sitting in that tube..

Attachments

Well here was the "repair". She's not pretty, but it shouldn't have a problem draining now and should be all sealed up.

Attachments

pic didnt want to upload first time..

Only thing I worry about is the 90 to the actual vent, but should be ok

Attachments

61 - 80 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.