Mud in My Blood Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts
I built one like stogi with the pvc but i used an 1 1/2 T and it worked great but i also have the rubber tube pulled out of my motor.

fatboyz customz

when i was looking at the pictures of the write up it looks like the catch can has a tilt to it is it suppose to, but then going down to another picture he uses a level, so im just wondering which is it.
also when im bringing the hose from the original air box port to the catch can what route should i take just right under the air. i ask because there is a pretty good slope if you go under the air box to catch can.

thanks

when i was looking at the pictures of the write up it looks like the catch can has a tilt to it is it suppose to, but then going down to another picture he uses a level, so im just wondering which is it.
also when im bringing the hose from the original air box port to the catch can what route should i take just right under the air. i ask because there is a pretty good slope if you go under the air box to catch can.

thanks
The bottom does slope so oil will slide back down the vent as it does with the YFZ setup. I routed the box line around the back of the airbox then around and up to the port.

Does anyone know if the oil return tube, item c on page 10-11 of the '05 manual is required?

Attachments

Does anyone know if the oil return tube, item c on page 10-11 of the '05 manual is required?
Some people with high compression pistons find that the extra blowby creates enough extra crankcase pressure that that tube channels oil up and into the crankcase vent chamber, then up the tube...lots of it. Many have either taken it out or shortened it to be well above the normal oil level of the crankcase. People say it helps a lot. No one says it hurt anything. Having some Catch Can troubles? Another think that will help is either get one of VFJs return cam end caps and tie it into the can or port one of the rocker arm covers and use it as a return. That will also help vent Crankcase pressure. And be sure the final vent...the one that goes to the pod or the top of a snorkel has a filter on it..not just open.

where can I get this part from and will it work on my2014 brute force 750 with the 840 bore kit .
At the time I was BF Freak before changing to NMKawierider. All the parts are listed in the write-up but you should know that much time has passed and we found out that all that wasn't necessary on any stock engine. All that was necessary was to add a second vent off either top end valve cover or one of VFJ's cam plug vents and "T" it into the existing crankcase vent line. Will that work for one with an 840BBK? I don't know but if the rings seal as well as stock, then I would think it would.

I ordered the part so when I get it what’s the best way to run it on my 14 brute
Probably the same way as I did on my 06..but in the end I re-routed the crankcase vent from the can to the original port on the air box and sealed-up the one I put on the side. Just remember the oil has to blow into the can, splatter on the sides and back, run down and back down that same line back to the crank case while the gasses go to the airbox.

so I marked it in the picture port #1,2,3 could you tell me where I need to run each port to what please

Probably the same way as I did on my 06..but in the end I re-routed the crankcase vent from the can to the original port on the air box and sealed-up the one I put on the side. Just remember the oil has to blow into the can, splatter on the sides and back, run down and back down that same line back to the crank case while the gasses go to the airbox.

At the time I was BF Freak before changing to NMKawierider. All the parts are listed in the write-up but you should know that much time has passed and we found out that all that wasn't necessary on any stock engine. All that was necessary was to add a second vent off either top end valve cover or one of VFJ's cam plug vents and "T" it into the existing crankcase vent line. Will that work for one with an 840BBK? I don't know but if the rings seal as well as stock, then I would think it would.
I’m confused

81 - 100 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.