Mud in My Blood Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts
Yes, thanks woodbutcher. All is good! When I find it again, I'll try and post a part numer.

Brenton

sweet mod but you have to watch out for that double pole single throw relay. needs to be single pole double throw relay. bought one at a junk yard for 2 bucks instead of 17.99 at the parts store. so far its cost 3 bucks for this mod. thanks a million woodbutcher.
but i have 1 question what is the differance between putting the ground to 87a rather than to 30 like KOD's method.

yes it work great. kod is short for kiss of death right? if it is i combined the two results i found . yours and his.i like where you put yours under the seat instead of under the front plastic.i used his pic of the relay becase i could see the relay's diagram better. props to both. awsome info and directions

Hi guys I'm new here and having the same issues other than my actuator for 4wd will not engage...now I'm going to do this and understand it will not fix the 4wd issue but sounds more instant than the factory way.. my question is this..if I do this mod will the factory switch still engage it to 4wd? Prolly been answered already so if it has been I apologize...now my other question...when I do flip it back and fourth to engage 4wd the actuator does not move...I found the bus to be corroded and repaired correctly...that solved the sometime no crank and poor charging...problem solved there but without.it going into 4wd by itself it is maybe gonna get a manual linkage for.it..I cannot justify doing that as I would like it to
work the way the japs intended it.. any ideas ? I have worked both actuators and they run and move gets power to only the power wire down thee..possibilityof the controller being bad? Any suggestions for testing it? Thanks in advance

Thanks for the response...I was wondering about the speed sensor...will it still work on the display then? And just not send the signal to actuated the 4wd ..makes sense as it needs to see between 1mph and 12...so if it will still register speed on the heads up display which mine then not make the 4 wd function ..I'm there...do you know for sure where the front buss is? Thanks so much for the help bud..

Tk

I did this to mine two nights ago but I had one of the 5 prong relays with no 87a so I picked one up and switched it out last night but it still does not work. I did not get a chance to ride but I started the quad and flipped the 4x4 switch and the dash does not change. I can disconnect the KEBC actuator now right?

After doing this mod do I need to remove the fork from the belt housing that the kebc pushes into the clutch or is it ok to leave everything intact? My problem isn't with the actuator itself, my controller keeps running my kebc until the battery dies. I don't want to drop 300$ for a new controller so I was hoping to do this and save a few bucks.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
I did this to mine two nights ago but I had one of the 5 prong relays with no 87a so I picked one up and switched it out last night but it still does not work. I did not get a chance to ride but I started the quad and flipped the 4x4 switch and the dash does not change. I can disconnect the KEBC actuator now right?
check to make sure ur ground from the relay is good . no ground no worky

Discussion starter · #72 ·
After doing this mod do I need to remove the fork from the belt housing that the kebc pushes into the clutch or is it ok to leave everything intact? My problem isn't with the actuator itself, my controller keeps running my kebc until the battery dies. I don't want to drop 300$ for a new controller so I was hoping to do this and save a few bucks.
yea just unplug the actuator and u can leave the fork in or remove all the parts and plug holes in cover with plastic plugs , i got mine from lowes in the bolt bens where all the specialty stuff is

Im a noob first time brute force owner how will i have to wire it up if i get manual shifter mod from rmax and run my 4wd shifter. Apologize if its alredy been answered.

We need NEW pics please!!!

i did the mod and unplug the acuator and it flashes 2x4 and 4x4 until i put it in 4x4 any ideas would help a bunch thanks in advance

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.