Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Here we go . Parts list; Intake 4 90 Fittings; CVT Intake 4 45 Fittings And 1 90 fitting; CVT exhaust 3 90 Fittings and 2 45 fittings

Intake side ;90 out of box (must cut about 1/2 inch off fitting) 90 to front of quad 14 '' of pipe then 90 up (through fenders) 90 tip

Intake on right in pic

Cvt Intake; 45 off factory connector 7 '' of pipe int 3 45 fittings back to back

to clear CVT exhaust and exit through fenders in the center 90 tip

CVT exhaust; 1 3'' to 2'' reducer(I used internal type) 90 fitting to front 9 '' of pipe to 45 to inside of frame 4'' of pipe 45 to front of quad

90 fitting through fenders 90 tip Note

Had to relocae the top of radiator for clerance 1 1/2 '' ( actually cools better this way) And last but not least i had to brand them

Thanks for the advise Metal Man !! Here You go 425 hope you like!!​

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Good job hondarecoveryman. ;)

I figured this would be better served in the how to section so i moved it.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:notworthy::notworthy: Thanks Metal Man

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
good job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
are the 90's and 45's rubber or abs? and are they 1.5 inch or 2 inch???

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
If he does not see this just send him a PM.

He also has pics of his snorkel job posted here Click Me That might help you out some more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have everything figured out except the carb in-take i think...im lost..

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Make a post about this in the regular Kawie section. It will get more views from our members there.There are a few members on the site that have snorkeled Prairies and might can help out.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I know there are a ton of threads about this and i found the one i needed for my 02 prairie 650. I have only one question that was not answered. What size pipe do i need for my snorkels to do little as possible to the carbs? Only other mod i have is nyroc exhaust mod.

·
Registered
752 Posts
No body wanna help me out? I guess ill just go with 2"?????

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes go with the 2 inch pvc for the intake..... i relocated the piece u put coolant in out of the way and used a 2inch rubber coupling off the stock intake and a 90 to bring it up in front of the handle bars....worked the best i could never get jets right the other way....it looks just like the mimb style snorks on a brute....... i have a complete dyno jet kit for these bikes also if you need it..... i cant post pics on here but pm me an email or cell number and ill get u some pics if u need it

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I never see on these snork boards is what should be done to all the little vent tubes on the handle bars. I'm getting ready to Snork my '02 Prairie 650 and no one has even one picture of what they did to the vent tubes. I wonder if you leave your ATV in the water for a half hour and all the air has come up out of your choke, front & back axle and fan what would happen?

·
Registered
752 Posts
The hoses at your handle bars should be ok. Mine have been fine. Just make sure all the vent hoses are run to the bars. I did my 650 a while ago so if you need any help let me know. One thing I can say is use a rubber 90 out of air box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes go with the 2 inch pvc for the intake..... i relocated the piece u put coolant in out of the way and used a 2inch rubber coupling off the stock intake and a 90 to bring it up in front of the handle bars....worked the best i could never get jets right the other way....it looks just like the mimb style snorks on a brute....... i have a complete dyno jet kit for these bikes also if you need it..... i cant post pics on here but pm me an email or cell number and ill get u some pics if u need it
Hey can you send me some pics of your snorkeled prairie? [email protected].

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting ready to do mine. Anyone still have these old beasts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need to snork and relocate my radiator on my 06 prairie 700 and nobody seems to have kits available. Will this list and how-to work on the later model 700 i have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 02 650 prairie that is all stock besides having 27's on it and I want to snorkel it the only questions I have is what boot did yall use on the top of the clutch housing I saw the boot but couldn't find the size of it and what jets should I use with it living in central texas and I plan on putting a cdi box in it later on if that makes any difference on the jets

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3" to 2" rubber adapter on CVT exhaust . You can use a KFX boot for a cleaner look. As for jets Bootlegger is the man you need

1 - 20 of 20 Posts