·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Good Job!

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
kawa 650 had me thinkin about making my snorkels screw on and off
I wouldnt. Just 1 more spot where something could go wrong. Any unsealed spot where water can get in is just asking for a motor rebuild. IMO

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I have one for center snorks.

They really are the best way to go.... IMO. Side snorks just arnt always safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why would side snorks be unsafe? and as far as the threaded fiting go you can get orings that will go just over the threads and when you thread them in they seal great and you don't have to worry about a branch pulling your snorks out of the rubber couplers. I will try to get sime pics of how i am doing mine up soon

·
7,433 Posts
Why would side snorks be unsafe? and as far as the threaded fiting go you can get orings that will go just over the threads and when you thread them in they seal great and you don't have to worry about a branch pulling your snorks out of the rubber couplers. I will try to get sime pics of how i am doing mine up soon
I think what he means with side snorkles, as the bike rotates-over a snorkle mounted on the outside edge would tend to go under before one mounted in the center would.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ok that i can understand

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
^ Yeah that's what I meant. Rode w/a buddy that had side snorks, first 2 times I rode w/ him he leaned to far to one side & sucked in water, both trips. At least the first trip it was just his CVT. Second trip, air box... 3rd trip out he had changed to center snorks like me :bigok:

·
Registered
261 Posts
same happened to my buddy, cost him a motor with the side snorks, same hole i had no trouble with center snorks and i went way further sidways then him!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I think what he means with side snorkles, as the bike rotates-over a snorkle mounted on the outside edge would tend to go under before one mounted in the center would.
Had that happen to my old 650i twice lol.Then i went to the center no problems after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts