Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many avid hunters are a part of MIMB. I usually hunt deer and hog during the season and ringneck dove and quail during their seasons.
Weapons of choice: Browning A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker .280 Rem 4.5 x 14 Leupold VX III illuminated reticle-Beanfield rifle..good elk and sheep medicine.
Browning A-Bolt II Micro Hunter 7MM-08 Rem 2 1/2 x 8 Leupold Vari-X III My favorite rifle for deer & hog. Easy to manuver in a tree stand or hike with all day. Out to 360yds, she brings home the meat.
Now to my sweetheart...Browning Auto-5 Light 20 ga. 26" Invector choke. I've owned a few wing guns in my day but nothing is as easy to master as this one.

I have a"few" more rifles and shotguns in the ol' safe but these are my faves.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mostly deer, hogs, doves and ducks.

My 06 is my baby. It is a Savage 110 with a Timney trigger and Leupold 3-9 VX-II. It is not a fancy high dollar setup but it is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. With my handloads it will shoot sub 1/4" groups at 100 yards. When the shots are shorter and especially for hogs, I like to use my Marling 1895G in 45-70 with 2-7 Nikon. For wingshooting, I use a Winchester 1300. My favorite, though, is my bow. There is nothing quite like getting it done with a bow. I also have my bodyguard with me anytime I go in the woods. It is a Ruger Super Redhawk 7.5" barrel .454 Casull. She is very comforting to have around and will put a hog down with authority.

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
well if omammy an bilary get their way we will all be hunting with sticks( google unsmallarmstreatyclinton) this is some scary sh-t my freind

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Deer mostly with my lever action 336C Marlin 30-30, fixed 4X Leupold.

I have several centerfire calibers, 300 WM, 30-06, 25-06, .223 all in different configurations, (bolt, semi-auto) and different power scopes but in the end, it's always my trusty "dirty thirty" I carry to the woods. I always say "I've shot at every deer I've killed with it"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Taurus Judge with slugs... If your not close its not fair.. Anyone can hit something that doesnt know your there... But to put some fear into an animal and then hit it.. Now thats sporting...

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Spring Turkey is my Bread & Butter. So, iys tough to beat my ol' 870 Super Mag Remington.

When I chase Deer, I usually opt for the PSE Carrerra, with the Orion Cam, Muzzy ZE arrow rest. If I tote a rifle, none other than my Marlin 30-30 will do.

·
Registered
493 Posts
A little White tale hunting My fav is Partridge hunting Ijust got a brittany to try and train (my first) my old Win 12 GA Pump is the choice fo me for the second year in a row we are goin Moose Huntin Gona try for a big one this time if we can. .308 bolt for that.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I mostly deer hunt but also black bear,ringnecks,rabbit,ground hogs my weapon of choice is the hoyt but love useing the 460 smith for gun season on deer the rest of my arsonal is rem.870,rem.300ultramag,rem.30.06pump,and the 22 marlin for the tree rats lol.

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gosh, I hadn't even thought about the bow portion since I haven't pulled it out of mothballs in 2 years...PSE Firestorm X...think I'll pull her out and start practicing again. If only this d%#m ATV didn't take up so much free time!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might want to check snoopes.com first before posting this kind of stuff..

well if omammy an bilary get their way we will all be hunting with sticks( google unsmallarmstreatyclinton) this is some scary sh-t my freind

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it's furry and in season i'm always willing to go hunting for it. Deer,rabbit,moose,bear and the occasional stray cat. If i'm hunting anything where i might have to shoot over 300 yards I use my good old Weatherby 30-06 with a 4.5-14 simmons. My favorite gun is my .450 bushmaster I use it for pretty much anything..it puts a wooping on coyotes from 200-250 yards.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
chasin ducks is my game..... i have 2 guns depends on the situation 1st is my trusty browning bps 12 guage and the 2nd is winchester sx2 chokes interchange .. love them both and they have culled some birds out of the heard...........

·
Registered
248 Posts
i normally just hunt deer and am going to try to hunt hog this summer.

weapons of choice:

blackpowder: 45-70
Rifle: Remington .260

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
My go to's are-

Whitetail- Remington M700 30-06 w/ Leupold 3x9
Coyote,Bobcat,Piggies- Remington M700 Bull Barreled 22-250 w/ Leupold 6.5x20
Dove/Duck- Beretta AL 390 Silver Mallard 12 gauge
Speckled Trout, Redfish, or Flounder- a couple of Shimano Curados on AllStar Rods
Cans- Bushmaster M4 A3 223/5.56 or Kimber Custom TLE II 1911 45 cal.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
whitetail deer and ducks and doves.
Rifle of choice is a 300 short action ultra mag wit sme hot reloads zeise 3-9x50.
wing gun is jus a plain ol bennelli nova 3 1/2 wit full choke. have many mre rifles and shot guns bt these r my weapons of choice.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Rem 700 .270 w/ tasco worldclass scope. For the price, you can't beat this rifle or scope. It's extremely accurate, every year.

·
Honored Member
555 Posts
Winchester Model 70 in 7mm Rem. Mag topped with a 3x9x50 Nikon ProStaff BDC for my "bean field" hunting...500yrds and their toast.

Remington 7400 .270 with Leupold VX-lll wrapped in camo for my "woods" hunting.

Remington 870 Express .12ga for my Dove/Quail gun

Browning Gold Hunter .12ga as my "Duck Slayer"

1 - 20 of 63 Posts