Deer, mostly is my hunting choice with.

Excaliber Vortex Crossbow

Remington 1100 12ga. rifled barrel leupold scope

Thompson 50 cal. Omega inline muzzleloader bushnell scope

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys for the responses...even from TASMANIA!!! Ya gotta' love it!

·
Registered
939 Posts
deer- ruger 7 mag stainless steel barrel with synthetic stock, nikon prostaff scope

squrrial- 17 hmr

amardillo- my homemade diller killer spear

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Bowtech Patriot VFT (bow) Deer/hogs
Ruger 7 mag stainless/synthetic (rifle) Deer/hogs
Traditions 50 cal nickel/synthetic (muzzle loader) Deer/hogs
Remington 1100 12ga (shot gun) Critters with wings

Bunch of other stuff but these are the ones you will most likely see in my hands in the woods.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
my hands !!!!!!! bwhahaha

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
White tails and hogs are my game but i only like to shoot once and not chase a blood trail so my h&r 45-70 does the trick with 405 grain pushing the hunk of lead through it

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
a question for those of you with a crossbow. can one of yall tell me the range on an average crossbow. i have a food plot i made up for this season for a tricky buck that has been creeping by every yr n its a short plot w a stream between it and my stand, but i was thinking of trying a crossbow on it. furthest shot will b between 60 n 70yrds(estimate)

·
Registered
10 Posts
a question for those of you with a crossbow. can one of yall tell me the range on an average crossbow. i have a food plot i made up for this season for a tricky buck that has been creeping by every yr n its a short plot w a stream between it and my stand, but i was thinking of trying a crossbow on it. furthest shot will b between 60 n 70yrds(estimate)
Wide open question but I think it would depend on what crossbow you have,with my Excaliber Vortex with 200lb pull I have shot and killed deer at 40yds but I generally would not shoot at one any farther than that,however that's just me, I think it would shoot up to 50yds or little more. JMO

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Hunting...

Well i do alot of waterfowling...Geese, snows my favorite...Ducks....i also a bow hunter of 37 years and have gotten into crossbow hunting in the last few years...seems hockey and motocross has taken a toll of my old bones..and the bow does a job on my shoulders ...My favorite waterfowling gun is the Benelli SB1....awsome and fast...my crossbows a Quad 400 with scope and crank and i shoot ics Beman thunderbolts and Muzzy 125's..and my choice of sabot shotgun is the moss 500 all camo'd up....rifled barreled and shooting Remington sabots.....Muddie49;)

I've shot my xbow up to 50 yards only at targets...and it hits like a mule...i don't get or take them kinda shots at deer...i keep it inside 35 yards...Muddie49

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Bowtech Patriot VFT (bow) Deer/hogs
Ruger 7 mag stainless/synthetic (rifle) Deer/hogs
Traditions 50 cal nickel/synthetic (muzzle loader) Deer/hogs
Remington 1100 12ga (shot gun) Critters with wings

Bunch of other stuff but these are the ones you will most likely see in my hands in the woods.
:D Just added a H&R 45-70 today.In MS we can use these to hunt deer with during primitive weapon season.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
thats a popular round for primative .. but that thing packs a punch

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Where to start....

Deer/hogs-browning .270 automatic, .260 rem ruger compact, winchester m70 in .300wsm, 30-30, remington model 700 bdl in 30-06.

Squirrels/rabbits-old mossberg .410 pump i found at a local gun show ($85), remington 1100 3 in. Mag, ruger 10/22.

Also like to stalk pigs with my smith & wesson m&p 15t ar-15.

·
Registered
505 Posts
my buddy said he just got a crossbow and he said it would nail tacks at 50 yrds all day long so i say you could but i forget what kind he got

·
Registered
223 Posts
Deer, Hoyt mainly or 300WSM every now and then when I wanna see carnage.

Hog, Hoyt or 17cal sometimes a Smokepole during small game on WMA's

Ducks, Stoeger P-350 pump 12ga. with 3 1/2" or 11-87 Super Mag.

·
Banned
365 Posts
For deer, I have a winchester 300 mag, and a remington 30-06.
For duck, I have a remington model 11 12g auto and a Charles Dally 12g auto...

I also have a bear compound bow, a couple 22's and for hunting the idiot that breaks into my house, 40cal pistol on my side of the bed and 9mm on my wifes side of the bed...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
gun nut !!!! bwhahahahah

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Deer/Hogs- closer range Remington 700 30-06 with Redfield 4x12x56, farther off Weatherby 300 ultra mag with Leupold 4x12x_

Birds- Remington 1100 .20 gauge OR grandpa's old brazil made break-over .12

Varmits- Savage .17 HMR with decent Tasco scope OR Marlin .22 open sights

Got a whole mess of other guns in the cabinet but these are my favorite ones

·
Registered
37 Posts
Savage 308 with Harris Bi-Pod for anything big or far away
CVA Kodiak Magnum .50 for black-powder season
Winchester Model 94 30-30 for the brush
Browning Citori GTI 12 GA for bird and clays
S&W .22 Pistol take it when we ride
Mossberg 500 12 GA Tactical 18" barrel extended 5 rd. tube for the things that bump in the night
Ruger SR9-C 9mm wife's new pistol
Couple of .22 rifles for whatever

·
Registered
282 Posts
When hunting Moose, bear, caribeu, sheep, elk I use my Rem 300mag
When hunting deer I prefer my Rem 270 sendaro
When hog huntin i carry my AK 47 and S&W 500 mag
I havent ever went bird huntin but Im thinkin about trying it.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts