Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I resnorkled my Brute yesterday and I love them and it gave it a good amount of power with the 3" 90 and out the middle set up. It runs great threw the whole throttle travel but when its is at idle it wants to rev up high if you give it a little gas and stay there. Or it will just idle so low it dies...any ideas on what it is? I have played with the idle screw and it didnt help the prob.

I am running 38F/42B jets needle on 3rd clip and my a/f screw at 1 1/2 turns

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
the beauty of efi man im glad i dont have to worry about that anymore but if it is running great through low mid and top speed im thinking it has to be with your idle adjustment but i could be totally wrong someone will chime in ad help you for sure

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
My old AC does that when it gets warmed up good. Some times out of nowhere if i shift to neutral it will just idle up on its own. I've looked for the problem many times with no luck. So now if it does it i just pull the choke lever down and that will idle/choke it down enough i can put it in gear and go.

·
Registered
210 Posts
the beauty of efi man im glad i dont have to worry about that anymore
AAAAMEN to that man. Never again.

Sorry i can't contribute to the thread but my old bike used to do this and I never found the cause.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Drop one clip on the needle and close air/fuel off about 1/4 should get it close

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
^ i agree with him

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drop the clip to 2 or 3

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ment 2 or 4? cause its on 3

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one on top and one on bottom of needle

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
one on top and one on bottom of needle
Put Both shims above the needle ( dropping your needle in slightly) if that doesnt work move the clip down and replace shims to original locations(one above and one below)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok I'll try it and get back to yall, thinks for the help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I re did my bike like honda recovery said with the clip and tunred my a/f screw to 2 1/4 turns and its running like crap

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I dont think the air should be open that far mine runs fine at 1 1/4 from bottom . try that if that dont work ?????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is there an easy way to turn the screw while everything is on the bike?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok I moved it to 1 1/4 a/f and its still doing the same thing...I got a big trip that I am leaving for tomorrow at 8 a.m. please help!!!

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
should be able to adj. from bottom of carb. my prairie has a little different set up yhan your brute so not sure . just above belt cover on mine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts