Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are talking about the best mods, what about the worst?? so far I like everything I have done to my Brute but I used to have a banshee and had a big bore kit installed, **** thing never ran right again!! It seemed like when a guy finally got it tuned right, the altitude change from the driveway to the box of the truck was enough to throw it off, lol. I hated that quad when i finally sold it!!

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
27x12's on the front of my 2000 Xpedition 425... the front CV's just couldnt handle them. Broke a CV everytime I rode.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
28" 589's. Liked the performance, but if I wanted 26" tires I would have bought some. Probably a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have to laugh when I read this and think back to my "worst mod" or should I say my worst failure at an attempted mod. Before my machine was snorkeled I was always getting water in my belt housing. I was looking for a way to install a petcock on the bottom of my belt housing and couldn't really find a good place to put it. One day while I was changing my oil I saw this nice big flat spot on the aluminum casting on the bottom of the belt housing. A light bulb went off in my head and I decided well heck, how much easier could it be. I'll just drill a hole in the housing, (yes, it's the ENGINE housing) and I'll tap it out to 1/8" pipe, screw in a brass petcock and everything will be good to go! I'm a friggen genius for figuring this out, why in the heck didn't Kawi do this to begin with!!!!!!

All went as planned until one day while riding I noticed this black gunk coming out of my belt housing exhaust. I pulled the cover off and the whole inside was coated with what looked like engine oil. I pulled the secondary clutch and checked the seal, it was perfect. I bought the puller and removed my primary clutch thinking the seal behind it was leaking. Again it was perfect. then I noticed more oil around the "drain plug" I had installed. I pulled the petcock out and oil started pouring out of the hole I had drilled. After it stopped draining and upon alot closer inspection I noticed I had drilled a hole right through the middle of some kind of oil journal that was actually part of the casting.

My first thought was .............. well never mind. My second thought was how in the f*** am I going to fix this without replacing my engine case?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I ended up putting a bolt through the hole with a rubber washer on each side of the case with a nylon lock nut to hold every thing in place.

I can think back and laugh about it now but it sure wasn't funny at the time.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
hahaha that's a good story there!

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
So far, the clutch springs have been disappointing, just due to the fact I don't notice much difference, but have not tried any others to get the combination I want.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
i am hoping that i will not have one to complain about.. i keep reading to find out what you guys have done and like and dislike so i hope i can make the right decisions.

Like this thread....

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
i am hoping that i will not have one to complain about.. i keep reading to find out what you guys have done and like and dislike so i hope i can make the right decisions.

Like this thread....
There is nothing on here that you'll do that you will not be satified with.

Just depends on how deep your pockets are.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
HMF optimizer...just couldnt get it figured out plus its a PIA to install.

and the worst would have to be my tires. i mean really, how fun is it to go ridin and not have to work my *** off to get out of a mudhole ;)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Good job IBBruin..lol

I don't have a worst mod yet.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yeah i ran across an old post from you on the HMF forums :D

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
my rear header seems to be kinda ****-eyed on the cylinder too. i finally got the old crush gasket to seal. if it leaks again i'll get a new one.

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Installing a reverse light on the honda that i welded a bracket up to the frame and everything. Worked great until the first ride when i threw in reverse under water. Thats all she wrote for that mod.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Sounds like my first set of foglamps/driving lights.

10 minutes + tree = poor investment....lol

·
Banned
384 Posts
my rear header seems to be kinda ****-eyed on the cylinder too. i finally got the old crush gasket to seal. if it leaks again i'll get a new one.
That has always been a problem with the HMF rear header. Seems like they would have fixed it by now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have a worst mod on my brute yet, but the worst mod I ever did on my yamaha wolverine was putting snorkels on it...turns out I got stuck long before I ever got deep enough to use them.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I don't have a worst mod on my brute yet, but the worst mod I ever did on my yamaha wolverine was putting snorkels on it...turns out I got stuck long before I ever got deep enough to use them.
:lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have to say my rear rack extension. I like it but I can't take a big enough cooler!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts