Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a dumb question but i cant find an answer existing online yet,
Im replacing the lower shock sleeve and bushing on a 2013 brute force and intend to drill a tap a zerk fitting, Do i keep the shock empty or do i have to install the sleeve and or bushing first? First time installer, long time greaser
Thankyou

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
I did it on my 06. You have to get grease between the bushing and the sleeve so you will have to install the bushing first, then drill through it, then tap it, then clean-up any burs inside the bushing, install the zerk, pre-grease the sleeve and install, install the seals then install the shock before shooting grease into them. Otherwise you could push the seals out. Maybe not. Remember to drill your holes so they will have a slight upward angle so the gun can get to them easy. And near the high-side so when you grease them you jack that end off the ground so the grease flows between the sleeve and bushing where it makes contact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it on my 06. You have to get grease between the bushing and the sleeve so you will have to install the bushing first, then drill through it, then tap it, then clean-up any burs inside the bushing, install the zerk, pre-grease the sleeve and install, install the seals then install the shock before shooting grease into them. Otherwise you could push the seals out. Maybe not. Remember to drill your holes so they will have a slight upward angle so the gun can get to them easy. And near the high-side so when you grease them you jack that end off the ground so the grease flows between the sleeve and bushing where it makes contact.
Perfect ! Thank you very much i plan on doing all that at the shop tmr, i couldnt find a video. Very helpful info! It wouldnt make sense if the bushing was in first right lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts