Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has put a set in their brute? I did some research and the claim is that because the center electrode is a lot thinner it's like adding about 5000 volts to the ignition system. Not sure I believe that but the Father-in-law put a set in his harley(yeah I know) and says it seems to run and idle a little smoother. Any opinons?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
The main goal of iridium plugs is longevity!
There's also some literature that state the 0.7mm electrode is the perfect size for a number of reasons. There's also literature that states going smaller tham 0.7mm is detrimental to the burn process.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I put some in last week, I wont waste my money again

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Being in the car repair indusrty, I've always found that whatever the manufacturer suggests is alway the best option.

I've taken out way too many brand new plugs and installed OEM specified to solve a driveabilty problem.

Not saying you have to buy Kawie labled plugs, but if NGK makes them, use NGK. If the OEM's call for iriduim, use them only, if they call for standard plugs, use them only.

For what you are going to save in $$ or gain (unless your rebuilding the engine or adding something), do you really want to be towed out 5 miles back on the woods by some Honda?

I change the plugs on mine every year, just because it's cheap and easy (like the wife) and I don't have to worry about it.

and your parT # (NGK) should be CR7E OR STOCK # NGK 4578.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
the only reason someone would perfer a colder plug would be no2. other than that stock ngk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll second that I've heard these plugs are better well I'll stick to what I got.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Being in the car repair indusrty, I've always found that whatever the manufacturer suggests is alway the best option.

I've taken out way too many brand new plugs and installed OEM specified to solve a driveabilty problem.

Not saying you have to buy Kawie labled plugs, but if NGK makes them, use NGK. If the OEM's call for iriduim, use them only, if they call for standard plugs, use them only.

For what you are going to save in $$ or gain (unless your rebuilding the engine or adding something), do you really want to be towed out 5 miles back on the woods by some Honda?

I change the plugs on mine every year, just because it's cheap and easy (like the wife) and I don't have to worry about it.

and your parT # (NGK) should be CR7E OR STOCK # NGK 4578.
this plug will work for the 08 750BF also?
do all you guys replace yours every year?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i change plugs about once a year generally on an engine.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run them in my v twin cat ,but i also have msd ss coils , i like them but i always put in a new set every 2 months.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
thanks!
Get any plugs you like. the cost of 2 plugs wont break anyone's wallet.

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
:mimbrules::WAYV:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts