Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Try putting dielectric grease on the selector switch. It may be getting a bad connection.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ive cleaned it out best i could and crammed dielectric grease in there..........thats the first thing imma try to replace.....then on to the actuator firing box

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
man i figured any time now you'd be posting "i finally got it!"
You should be an expert on the 4x4 actuator by the time you are done! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
NO SHEET!!!!!! i havent messed with it anymore....just gotta use my switch backwards for the meantime........ i put my 3GX on today and it seems as tho imma need to pick up a shiim or two.....as soon as you throw it in gear it starts moving.....rode for like an hour hoping it would stretch.........NO DICE!!! how big are these shims?? Are they cheap from the stealership??

·
Registered
223 Posts
no i havent tried one yet...dont have anyone else real close with a brute anymore. sometimes when you randomly crank it up it flashes and it jumps into 4wd without flipping the switch at all..........the first noise you hear phree is the 4wd actuator...you can put your hand on it and feel it

Well call me out then:haha::haha:. I should have kept it for another week.... I know I know.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well i didnt mention any names.....maybe someone will b on a brute at this nxt ride and will be kind enough to let me try their firing box......ive gotta hunch on that for some reason

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
well i didnt mention any names.....maybe someone will b on a brute at this nxt ride and will be kind enough to let me try their firing box......ive gotta hunch on that for some reason
If u ever make it to possum creek I will let u try mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a buddy let me put mine in his and it didn't work on his either. We didn't want to try it the other way around just in case i had a short or someting that might fry his to. I am still looking for a new one if anyone knows of one. Thanks

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Did you do the buss con. fix? The buss conn. was all fried and melted on mine which inturn shorted out my 4x4 control box. just a thought

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not sure who you are asking. I did mine and i think it was already fried. So i either ned to buy a good used one or a brand new one which is 3 bills. OUCH!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i havent done mine yet.....guess i need to go out there and see about that....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ok got an issue with mine. Done all the checks on the actuator, switch and controller. All good.

Now, when i go to put the actuater back in, i roll it around untill it is in the 2WD position and it slides in fine. When I rotate the tires after its bolted in the tires act as if they are in 4wd. one spins forward while the other spins backwards.

Ive tried pulling the actuator and spinning it a few revs to move it but still negative results. The indicator still shows it in 2wd.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
fwiw, my wheels always exhibit that behavior.
Lifted off ground, in 2wd, spin one, the other moves opposite.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I just jacked up my 08 650i and the fronts spin in the same direction....
Not on my wifes 05 650 sra

Im lost phree, help !!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ok this is wierd. Maybe someone can explained to me what happened cause i havent the faintest clue.

So I bolted up my wifes actuator(the 650SRA) and there was a grinding noise while ridding. And the 2x4 4x4 indicator was stuck on 2x4. Even after i clicked it into 4x4.

Brought it back into the garage and triple checked everything. Actuator position and oil level. Everything was good. Put it all back together and still grinding noise. And still no response from the 4x4

For sheets and giggles I took my controller off my 08 650i and installed it on hers. Took it for a quick ride up the street and no noise and the 4x4 worked like it was suppossed to.

Came back and switched the controllers back to their perspective bikes. Took the 650 SRA back out and everything is perfectly fine?!?!?!?!

What in the world happened????????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
maybe the firing box had a hiccup.....it is electronics!!!! mine works fine...but opposite of what the switch says.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is definately strange. no flashes or anything with the original box.

·
Registered
54 Posts
alright i bought a brand new $300 4x4 actuator.

when i plugged it in the pod stop flashing and said 2x4 with the switch in 2x4. when i switch over to 4x4 the pod does nothing and the actuator only twitches once.

when i flip the switch back and forth the actuator twitches with each switch movement only.

i put power to the actuator to move it around and when i plug it in turn the bike on and then off it resets itself to the 2 o'clock position

any ideas why i can't go into 4x4????

21 - 40 of 51 Posts