Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was changing my belt and I was putting the cvt cover back on the bike and I torqued one of the screws to much and then end of the screw broke off into the bike. Is this going to be a problem with it leaking water or anything like this? It was one bolt on the top middle of the cvt cover?

thanx Ryan.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Same thing happened to me today... but I was taking my Cvt cover off. The whole clutch "operation" for me dead stopped there. I doubt any water or mud can get into mine because it is very tight, can't even pull any part of the Ctv cover. Tomorrow I will be reinforcing them with these and hopefully can take it out.

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5567

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
There is a how to on how to remove snapped bolts & what size replacement bolts to put back. It shouldn't be a problem with just one broke. If it leaks just run a bead of silicone around the edge of belt box

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
happens to all of us. I snapped one off, just left it. Never any leaking problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx. I feel alot better now lol. I have bad luck snapping easy outs too. I think I'm just going to Silicone the hole and the top of the box!

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
which one broke? The lower rear behind the brake spring is the one a lot of people tend to snap off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Put a little Anti - Seize on the bolts and this will never happen again. I use this on all of my bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
634 Posts
:agreed:
Put a little Anti - Seize on the bolts and this will never happen again. I use this on all of my bolts/nuts.
That is the best thing you can do if you ride mud and water, i also put it on my lug nuts.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've had 4 of these break off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today my bike went into limp mode I gusse. The belt light was flashing kinda fast, and it's
Won't go fast at all. I just changed the belt
On Monday and rode it all day with no problem at all the next day battery is dead again . My spedo Is triping out and it says like 6mph whennits in park idk what's wrong the battery keeps going dead also. Could this be the bad battery making it
Go into limp mode

·
7,389 Posts
Today my bike went into limp mode I gusse. The belt light was flashing kinda fast, and it's
Won't go fast at all. I just changed the belt
On Monday and rode it all day with no problem at all the next day battery is dead again . My spedo Is triping out and it says like 6mph whennits in park idk what's wrong the battery keeps going dead also. Could this be the bad battery making it
Go into limp mode
That is a sign of a battery or charging problem. It could also be a bad connection somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts