Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like here lately I just cant catch a break. I have been having some carb problems. Bike pops almost constantly at idle and all the way up to probably 3/4 throttle but 3/4 to full throttle bike runs great. So I had a good friend come by yesterday and helped me with it. We got it running right again by playing with the air/fuel screws and moving the needles down one notch (moved retainer up one notch). So anyway while we were doing that I learned that my valves need to be adjusted and I need a new belt. So I go out this afternoon to ride ti a little just to check our work from last night and it is doing the same thing again (popping, spitting, sputtering, missing etc.) and on top of all that I notice that it is alot easier to steer so I start investigating and find out that only one rear wheel is spinning so I guess somewhere down the line I have manged to break an axle.

Just had to vent for a minute. Does anyone have any ideas on the way it is running? It was a little warmer last night could about 10 degrees difference (cooler) make that much difference? And does anyone know of where the best place to get an axle preferably cheap?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I've seen a few axles on here for sale. The popping is probably the valves if they need adjusted or maybe the plugs. That is what I would start with.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am gonna change the plugs later this week. I am also talking to someone about an axle as we speak.

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
supperbogger750 has axles for sale here in the WTS/WTT forum. 2 I think

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I feel like an idiot but I was checking everything out today and I guess my tire got so low on air that the wheel started spinning inside the tire. I guess outlaws have really stiff sidewalls.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
better to be feeling like a idiot than having something really wrong :D

·
White Rhino Fabrications
39 Posts
Hey Mall Crawler, I thought that was you. At least you don't have to buy and axle, thats the good news. Have you fixed the missing problem? I would help but I mainly know Rock Crawlers hehe =)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
haha. I keep picturing him with his bike in the mall trying to crawl over benches, trash receptacles and product displays.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I got the name from some other (truck) boards and mainly it is for people who jack their trucks up with big tires and stuff just for show so all they do is go and cruise the malls. Well my truck is probably more off road worthy but I still mainly just use it as a dd. I do go off road every once in a while but the Brute is so much more fun.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ah! this sparks an idea! To the Mudpit!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mall Crawler, I thought that was you. At least you don't have to buy and axle, thats the good news. Have you fixed the missing problem? I would help but I mainly know Rock Crawlers hehe =)
Well I dont really know. I talked to the guy that came and helped me (also a brute owner) and he said that his was doing the same thing the other day and also another guy we ride with was doing the same thing so I am hoping it is just the cooler weather and it will get better as it (the weather) warms up.

Chris you really ought to post up some of your other work on here so these guys can see the quality of work you do. Fire Truck Hint Hint

·
Registered
48 Posts
lucky you all you needed was air

1 - 12 of 12 Posts