Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stumped. I know these questions get asked alot but it seems like I have tried everything.

I cant seem to get my Brute running right. It seems to start fine, idle fine, and run wide open fine. But from about 1/4-3/4 throttle is pops, surges, spits and sputters. I know from reading some other posts this should have something to do with the needle but I have moved it all the way to the second notch from the top and it is still doing the same thing. The plugs are black like it is running rich I have not changed them or cleaned them because I didn't want to mess up another set. Do you think the plugs could be causing the problem? What else can I check? I am getting very discouraged because I have been fighting this for a long time now.

I have blocked off the choke so that shouldn't be an issue. Do you think I could have trash in my tank? It seems like if it was trash it would be running lean. When I took the filter off it looked like there was some mud that came in from around the rubber riser between the carb and the filter box so I took the carbs apart again and cleaned them but I still have the same problem.

I know I am leaving some stuff out so please ask any question that may help.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i agree on plugs. at the very least i would clean them very well and sand the electrode tip and inside of the arm thing then try again.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got some new plugs this morning and I will try that tonight when I get home.

On a side note where can I pick up some zerks for when I rebuild my upper A-arms.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is where I am at now so I will change the plugs and see what happens and then go down a notch.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I sent your PM back.....try what I said....

I will call you tonight......If its popping your lean....and if its the 2nd from the top your making it more lean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts