Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just got my bike back from flynt and got him to do an 801 it had factory exhaust on it until I got my full big gun. I told him about this and he said he would compensated for it when he tuned the bike. Well I finally got the big gun, catch can, airbox and snorks all back together and when reved up it has alot of popping at higher RPM's, but if i put the choke on full and do it there is no popping whatsoever, also If i crack the airbox lid it still pops I havent gotten to ride it cause it has been raining here. I think maybe he didnt compensate enough for the big gun and it is running lean.

I am not trying to say anything bad about flynt as i know it is hard to know how a bike will react to changes

question: Is this normal for a new exhaust? If not what is yalls suggestion about fixing it? I am going to contact flynt later on in the day to see what he says just figured i would ask yall to.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Ride it when you get a chance and see what it does. My HMF popped both before and after my snorks, and when jetted to their specs, and it ran fine. Just popped at high rpm and some upon decelaration.

Since the snorks, it's about the same, I believe I could jet down 1 more size.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
First off congrats on the 801!!!! :rockn:

It does sound to me like the jetting is off just a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it I rode it while it had stock exhaust and am definitly happy. It also has dual 2" snorks and running I think he said 155 was what he used

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
155 keihin? What about the front carb?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
when yer popping like that you are running lean. Fixing it by setting the choke a bit is evidence of that. You will need to run a bigger main jet.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Wish I could find that that conversion chart.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That what i was thinking to. Guess I need to get flynt to send me some jets. He is gonna get sick of me by the time i have mine running right. First was crank case puking so he sent me catch can stuff and now this.

He is definitly a good guy to deal with though, Id recommend him to anybody that wanted work done to a brute.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i did a conversion chart all the way up to 190. let me see above that might be it you found.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Thats the one.....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ok that was another one. I'm going to place this somewhere on our forum for reference.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
it's on here now. i tagged it as well
searching for carb jet, jet, jet conversion will alll take you to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts