Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brute 650i used, im curious about jetting. If stock is 155, why would someone use 136 132 after installing a K&N, moose module,and exhaust? Shouldnt the jet size increase?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no joke, I thought jets were measured the same with any manufacturer.I have a lot to learn about the 4 wheeler world I guess. My bikes are all the same. But you are correct, Dyno jet is what is in mine.Thanks

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what came out and according to some literature i have on installing the exhaust ,yes they stated 155 and recommended 162 to start.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
yep, 155 come stock in a 650i, im running 136-140 DJ in mine the way its set up now!!!

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
The snorkels affect jetting as well...

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I am using Dynojets in mine....I have a 146F & 150R....needle on 3rd notch. I would start with what they say....its usually rich....they go from there.....My Instructions said to put a 150F & 155R. I could probably go with a 148 in the Rear of mine....but I like it to be a hair rich....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i gotta figure out what's up with mine. i noticed this on mine today.

Sorry it's blurry but you get the idea.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Is that your rear pipe???? If so Steve....Its way too lean....My buddy's 08 did the same thing...he had to add fuel to it with the PC3

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
:haha: A little blurry ? :haha:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep that my rear :(
i swear though this is new behavior.. since last weekend when it died in the deep water.

then again i'm not 100% sure. I'm getting a power commander real soon. I'm going to check the plugs tomorrow and see what they look like.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
yep that my rear :(
i swear though this is new behavior.. since last weekend when it died in the deep water.

then again i'm not 100% sure. I'm getting a power commander real soon. I'm going to check the plugs tomorrow and see what they look like.
It would be worth your time and money to have John Cannon at MaD Motorsports Tune it.... My buddy put an HMF on his and then it done the same thing....I would not ride it until you tune it. After he had his tuned it was fine and he was good to go....plus it ran ALOT better.:rockn:

The Swamp Series is more of a high flow than the others...plus it makes more power than the utility slip ons...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i want to bro.
And i think i will. he's not far from me.

First thing i'm going to get the PC3 and see if i can't get Mr Glow to take a hike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Time to revive this thread for info rather then starting a new one. As some of you know I'm new to the forum since last year and have made a few posts. I've started moding the Brute and I'm starting to love it.
Lately I've added a 2" lift, a Uni filter and just finished installing a Dynojet kit for it, and it's a 650i just in case you're wondering. I will say it's a little more involved doing this twin then a single for sure. Good thing I have the manual from here. :rockn: There's a lot of plastic to remove to get at the carbs, Whoa! Anyway I followed the instructions and removed the stock 155's both Front and rear and installed what the kit recommended, DJ136! You know that's 4 jet sizes down from stock according to the cross reference chart? That's a big change! I hope it's not too lean and by the way, I'm @ sealevel here in Newfoundland!
I thought the rear was suppose to be one size or 2 larger? Will there be any issues with this setting? Oh, and I have the needles in the 4th notch with the 2 spacers and the mixture screws out 2 1/2 turns!
She fires up nice so I guess I didn't screw it up yet. Haven't had a chance to ride her yet cause it's raining cats and dogs plus I'm going back to work tomorrow for 3 weeks.
So, does this seem correct with you jetting guys?

Thanks,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts