Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pondering the thought of a new Teryx (or some new SXS). My question for you all is...What do you feel is a fair price for me to sell my 08 FI Brute? All mods will go with bike. I will not part out at all. Bike has never been sank and never been worked on. I have done all oil/filter changes every 20-25 hrs. Bike has 107 hrs. on it right now. Not sure on the mileage (I'm currently at work and don't have it here).

I have $12K in this bike and I am not gonna give this bike away...lol
Wife wants me to keep it, but I really want a SXS to play on...lol

Bike-$7000

New 4" Custom lift w/Gorilla axles-$2500
Wheels/Tires-$1400
HMF-$250
Radiator relocate-$225
Spacers-$140
Temp. Guage-$75
Clutch kit-$225
PC III-$272
Snorkles-$80
Springs-$60
Spring Spacers-$60
Pelican 1010 for PC III-$15
----------------------------------
$5302 accessories ......so far....lol $12,302 TOTAL

Any other ?'s you guys may have that will help, I will be glad to answer. Thanks for the help.

Sorry about posting in the Kawi section, but figured I would get more responses here than the WTS section.

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
I'll trade you mine, and you just sell it. :D haha! I wish. I dunno, $8000, $9000? I guess it just depends on what someone is willing to pay.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I've got a few words on the teryx.
Please research them and test drive a few different ones. I was quite disappointed to see the noises they make. The rear is is LOUD and sounds BAD. It's chatters loudly and shakes the whole unit. It doesnt do it new.. Just starts at about 9 hours or so. Researched the issue and 95% or greater do it.
Just wanted to let you know..

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I'd sell it to me for say............. $50?

Sold

If I were going to buy a SXS, I'd look long and hard at the Razor

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I haven't heard about those sounds you're talking about...I have a buddy with an 08 Teryx. I'll ask him about that...

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for the RZR, I'm not sure I could see myself on ANY POLARIS!! lol Not much of a fan...

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
I ride with several rzr's and they are fun to drive but when you set them up for the mud ( 2-3" lift and 29.5 outlaws) they break ALOT of stuff such as axles and differentials. The guys who own them are not abusing them either. Now I know your saying every bike or sxs does this but these seem to do it alot more than normal. I personally like the teryx and am not a big fan of polaris. I would definately do some research and test drives before I would get rid of that Bad Black Brute.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supposed to go riding tomorrow night with the buddy that has the 08 Teryx. He's gonna ride my Brute and I'll ride the Teryx. I have never driven one (or any SXS other than an older Rhino).

I know the Teryx can take some punishment, lol, you oughta see the way he treats his. lol He's been through 6 or so axles, and just got new Gorillas all around on it this week!!!! I would never be that rough on anything!! I like to get muddy, not nasty from having to work on my rides!! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts