Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have one of these in the kawi section, just thought some people might find it usefull here too...

If you've put larger than stock tires on your Honda, w/o a lift kit, please post what model quad, and the tires specs, and any problems you ran into w/ rubbing etc... Pictures are awesome too if you have them.

·
Honored Member
555 Posts
350 Honda Rancher with ITP C-Series rims will clear 26" 10/12 laws no rubbing.

Honda TRX 300 will clear 26'' Laws with no rubbing or 27's with minimal rubbing on the front inner fenders.

Honda 500 Foreman will clear 27's on stock rims with no rubbing.

Honda 450 Foemans will also clear 27's on stock rims with minimal rubbing on the front inner fender.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
my 300 didnt rub at all with my 27s skinny laws with no lift.

i put 28 skinny backs on my buddies 500 with no lift. the only thing we had to due was bend the front fender brackets some. i dont think we did anything on the back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have 27x12x11 super swampers on the back of a 2wd 420. I measured them before I put them on and they actually measured 29" tall. With the suspension compressed, they just barely rubbed the metal bar that supports the plastics where the floorboards and fenders come together. They don't actually hit the plastics but there is no extra room. Unfortunatly, I don't know about the front. Here is a pic showing the rear.

·
Registered
334 Posts
08 Rancher ES 4x4 28x11-14 Maxxis Zillas that measured true to height fit fine with no lift, no rubbing, and no trimming.

·
Registered
92 Posts
you can fit 28s on any 420 no rubing or triming you can fit 30s no triming if you have the corect of offset rims same as stock the sra 420 will pull them stock the irs will not it is 20% higher geared than the sra the max tires it will pull is a non agresive 27x9 or 27x10inch tire max also i have the turner gr and pull my 29.5s just fine they do not rub but i had to trim my floor boards in the rear fronts are fine but ith a gorilla stage 1 lift you will not have to trim here are pics

with lift

with no lift

with 27s no lift no triming no rubing

then here are some videos

stock 420 at 27s no gr water with thick ish mud on bottom

muding at willowbreak :: Picture014.flv video by 420maniac - Photobucket

then here is my 420 at with turner gr and 29.5s with no lift in the thickest mud you can find it dont get any thicker

FILE0025.flv video by 420maniac - Photobucket

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks & sounds like she was struggling hard in the first one, sure would like to hear some audio from the second one to hear if she was luggin any..

·
Registered
92 Posts
yea the first one hade no gr thats how high geared the 420 ats were from the factory and the audio from the second one did not work it didnt lug at all for the record i mean you saw it spin them but hu thats funny i wonder what happend to the sound

·
Registered
92 Posts
here is a nother vid that has audio it wasent as thick but it was still pretty bad and this is 29.5s with gr and no lift FILE0056.flv video by 420maniac - Photobucket

then her is a vid of 2 good friends of mine in our group jayce is the first one threw 07 420 sra only a pipe clutch kit and 2inch lift and 29.5x10 laws and snorkle rad up top and then richard is a 07 420 irs convertoin port and polish clutch kit pipe 2inch snorkle 30x9x14 s backs and primary gr with rad up top also has custom lift

FILE0130.flv video by 420maniac - Photobucket

·
Registered
92 Posts
yea it is i wish i could have given it a shot but i didnt have a snorkle so that sucks but were did you get that consol peice for your brute in your avatar with the cup holder

·
Registered
297 Posts
my lil sis has a 09 420 with 27 inch skinny laws with no rubbin at all

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
any idea what size fits on an 04 foreman 450 with no lift and some itp wheels or stock

·
Registered
73 Posts
What the biggest that a 99 foreman 400 will fit. Would it fit 27" ITP MudLites on 14" ITP rims c series type 7's? I know the bolt pattern will fit but will the tires rub?

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
27's should go on there w/o any problems. long as you use skinnys up front.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that's not really the point of this thread. The point is what will fit STOCK... So... I really really wish people would quit posting lifted bikes in here. I'm pretty sure I've been very clear about that. If ya'll want to know what fits w/ how much lift we need to start a new thread for that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what size outlaw or sliverback can i use with a stock foreman 500 and have no trouble turning the tire in most places...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts