Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have one of these in the kawi section, just thought some people might find it usefull here too...

If you've put larger than stock tires on your Polaris, w/o a lift kit, please post what model quad, and the tires specs, and any problems you ran into w/ rubbing etc... Pictures are awesome too if you have them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
big tires

i am running 30x10x14 front 30x12x14 rear mudlite XXl's on my 09 850XP es and have them mounted on SS212 machined rims 2 x 4 front offset 3 x 5 back offset, and no lift. A 1 x5 front and a 2 x 6 back would be better so the tires wouldnt stick out so far but would then be close to rubbing on the insides, i would hav enough room up front but backs would only be about a half inch from sway bar. The fronts have lots of room the backs were rubbing when going around 45 mph then i got it up to just over 60mph and they had only rubbed the plastic on the outside edge of the plastic on the front edges of the tires but now hav room to go at slower speeds without rubbing lol. I am now running a RDC A-arm lift and hav all kinds of room. I then installed Royal Distributings over fenders and have lost some clearance front and back but can still do about 50 mph with no rubbing. The over fenders work great for keeping all the mud off that was being thrown because the tires were sticking out so far. I will try to get some pics up

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read on the 2010 850XP they repositioned the sway bar vs 2009's allowing for larger than normal tires to fit on the stock wheels. However looking at my 2010 with 26x11x14 Bighorns they are only 1" away from touching bar on left rear. 12" wide would be cutting it close if the bar moves toward tire at all.
Going taller should be ok but not sure if wider would work.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting... Thanks for posting.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question.

·
Registered
240 Posts
how about on a 2008 polaris sportsman 500 ho???

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do u think that 29.5 swamplites can fit under it??

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aint but one way to find out! :rockn:

·
Registered
240 Posts
the 29.5 swamplites fit on a stock polaris sportsman 500 ho without rubbing. and pulls amazing. 29.5x10x14 on front and 29.5x11x14 on back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2005 Sportmans 500HO
27x10s and 27x12 Zillas on SS212s. Not even close to rubbing, probably fit 28s.

·
Registered
61 Posts
28's will rub and 27's fit perfect. Prior to lifting my rzr I had 27's wides all the way around and had a blast. But only left it that way for two weeks and went UP and up and up! haha 27's are ok but 28" sliverbacks wide/skinnys,1" spacer inch front/two inch back,HL springs and a 3" inch lift. Install a 3500lb+ warn or Viper and you will follow the best of them! Add Gorilla axles to the back if you are going to ride a lot in mud. stocks will break after several rides but will still hold up for a while with this set up. A good snorkle is also nice to have for good ol water riding.

or just put a super atv 6-8" lift on with 31's lol....then you can do it all

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 31 laws on my 2011 sports 850 xp. i had to cut the fenders back a tad and there is only rub when the suspension compresses quite a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
26" zillas on 2010 sportsman 500

I'd like to know if there will be any clearance issues if I put 26 9 12's on front and 26 11 12's on rear on my stock rims and stock machine. I'm not doing any mod's in terms of lifting and wheel spacers. Would those tires work??

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should be just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 99 500 and i put 26" MudWolfs and i was fine in the rear but the front i was subbing the right tie rod end so i got 1" spacers for the fronts it lines the tires up really well the middle of the fronts are right in line with the middle of the backs. i had another problem when i had the front shocks fully compressed it would rub my fender and also my double tubed bumper so i have a 2" lift and now i am far away from it rubbing anything.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts