Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out the best way to load up the brute with brews. Help me out with some pics please.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I don't have any pics of the set up we use up close and actually I've never finished mine but here's a pic of mine and one of Bump's, if he chimes in he might have some close up pics of one done.

You can get these backrest from Cabela's and marine ice chest (great size it holds 1 case of beer, a couple of waters and bag of ice) from Academy.

We weld angle iron in the frame of the backrest to keep the cooler from sliding around any and then a hook on each side. Then use a turn buckle (can get at Tractor Supply) on each side of the ice chest hooked to the hooks put on the frame. This secures the ice chest really well but you will need one bungee over the lid to help keep it closed. I've been looking for some little 3 to 4" bungees to attach to the ice chest to make this easier.

Attachments

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i have a few pics of the setup. what u cant see are the hooks for the turnbuckels. u can see the mount for them tho.

Attachments

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that turnbuckle idea is great. Im gonna try to mount it up this weekend Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Bump always has pics of everything.

Another note, the plastic ice chest hooks do ok but I would cut them off and bolt an i bolt on each side.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Hey Bump does that pic of the old foreman bring back some memories?

I have some better ones.;)

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
Some warn winch that I only use for my friends that don't ride brutes
*COUGH* And maybe for some of those who do..... who just get high-centered & have tires that are too short... :thinking:

:D :rockn: :rockn: :bigok:

·
Registered
43 Posts

Here is another, Made mine with 1/8" steel plate Built it little wider than back rest, With no cooler back rest can fold into rack..

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
thats a nice setup mudboots

·
Registered
43 Posts
thanks Polaris425

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Heres mine.

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice set up guys:rockn:

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Those are some nice set-ups!! I really like Mudboots and Debo Brute's setup. Sweet!!

I really need to do this soon!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I don't have pics, but a gut I ride with made one out of some square tubing. It is basically a basket that the cooler fits in. He welded a regular 2" receiver on his rack and welded the male insert on the basket. When he is not using it, he can pull the pin out and take it off just like a trailer hitch. The basket has high sides, so unless he rolls the bike, the cooler is not going anywhere.
It took some work, but when you need an excuse to get away from the wife to go in the garage and drink a few, you do what you have too!

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
^ that sounds like a pretty good idea too! Thanks

·
Premium Member
767 Posts

Here is another, Made mine with 1/8" steel plate Built it little wider than back rest, With no cooler back rest can fold into rack..
Boots,
I am looking for something like that for my bike as well. Was this home made or purchased? can you give additional details as to size, materials list, and where you got that seat.....i have heard a bunch of people talking about cabellas????

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
Cabella's or ebay. And yeah he built the rest himself...

·
Registered
169 Posts
im thinkin bout buildin one soon! i love the looks with a backrest and cooler!
nice setups guys!!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts