Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the page have heard nothing but good things just purchased a 2021 brute force 750i.I’ve had a couple of brute forces but have never lifted them. I want to run 28s do I have to lift it 2” if I run 29.5 would a 2” clear them. How much lift will I gain just turning the springs up? When clutching using epi clutch kit if I run 28s will the trial kit be sufficient enough if I did happen to pull off in some mud or should I run the mudder kit? Sorry to sound all over the place just trying to weigh out all options and be as thorough as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have no experience with brutes (yami guy) so take what I say with a grain of salt..

You shouldn't need to lift a machine that size to run 28s. I ran 28s all last year on my 450 kodiak, which is dimensionally smaller than a brute and I had no issues.

Cranking MY shocks gave me about an inch.

I THINK I've read people with brutes say they can fit a 30" no problem.

Usually (at least with Yamahas) a clutch kit from epi is a waste of money. Most people get by just fine by shimming the primary clutch and changing to a stiffer secondary. Total cost=40$ compared to the 200+ epi wants for their kit containing stuff you don't really need.

Someone more... or rather... knowledgeable period with brutes should chime in eventually.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
you shouldn't need a lift for 28's. you will want them for 29.5's though. Turning the springs up won't really lift the bike that much, just make the ride stiffer. I would call VFJ (John) for springs... there's another thread somewhere here recently with his contact info in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you shouldn't need a lift for 28's. you will want them for 29.5's though. Turning the springs up won't really lift the bike that much, just make the ride stiffer. I would call VFJ (John) for springs... there's another thread somewhere here recently with his contact info in it.
Call John for the springs on the suspension or the clutch kit springs?

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
Oh, sorry.. lol Clutch... He's the Kawasaki clutch master.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts