Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rockn:looking to get a lift kit 2" any suggestions which one is best. keep bottoming out in ruts, don't want to go with bigger tires, i like the speed.

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Extreme or HL make a great 2" lift but since your on this thread i would say EXTREME ha

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got a ss stainless steel lift off of ebay. The lifts on both my hondas rusted after about a year and look like crap. I paid $99.00 and i fits awsome. I think its the only stainless lift made.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Extreme

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
If I was going to buy another, it would prolly be the Xtreme.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
I like the Xtreme also the only thing I did different when I had mine on was, instead of using their black hardware which tends to surface rust on the bolts I used grade 8 gold zinc plated bolts, washers, and lock nuts from my local hardware store. It cost a little more out a pocket but matched the gold brackets better and won't rust.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
good tip.
Mine havent began to rust yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The HL lift comes with zinc plated bolts. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
hl lifts are more difficult to put on but are stout. ive heard on other forums that extreme are bending. or go catvos anf forger it!!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I would imagine the HL are tougher. they are closer to the frame. I just wished mine would ride a little smoother.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another vote for Xtreme

·
Registered
24 Posts
The new gorilla lift is only 99 bucks. I have two brutes. One with a H/L and one with a gorilla. Both sit about the same. The gorilla is billet spacer so you have to compress the springs which is a pain. No rust worries with it and it stiffens yours springs. You can see the H/L lift in my photo. I just added the springs. I have now built 4 spring compressors. This last one has a six foot cheater bar on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah rhett putting the springs on was a pain i would get a gorilla it rides stiff but i get the groun clearance and y didnt we have the one with the cheater bar when we where doing mine

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Well, I guess I will have to find another company for my bike, Xtreme hasn't made a lift for my bike yet.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
HL has

1 - 20 of 48 Posts