Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a lime green secondary from epi. I tried to install it today unsuccessfully. I out a red and a regular green and have install both and removed them numerous times. The problem was that the lime green was fatter than the others. I had to force it into the collars on each end. Then when I compressed it the coils would not go down in the bottom collar and made it tilt. The model number is KSS8 and its for an 08 Brute. Do you think they put the wrong spring in the package or are all lime greens like this?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
It's possible.. my buddy ordered an almond secondary and they sent him an almond primary instead... he had to send it back.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
mine was tight but it fit.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just going to give them a call I guess tomorrow I guess. I had to squeeze it in the collar with pliers, then pry it out. I've never had to do that before.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
i cant remember but i think my buddies was a pain in the arse to get in too and my almond fell right it so it seems been to long

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
So far I've installed 7 different secondary springs in Brutes from three different manufactures and they all fit perfect. Sounds like you got a bad apple. I'd give them a call.;)

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
I wonder if there's just too much paint on this one?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought about that myself, but it's bigger than a layer of paint.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
it is a bigger coil of steel and it could off just a couple of thousandths and it will be harder to get in.mine was but works fine.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
mine lime green was harder to get in than the yellow.
The LG kept coking sideways and being a pain.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I just installed mine 3 days ago and it was very tight. I had to take sand paper to the insides of the collars to clean them up. Some paint chipped off of the spring also. It will go with a "little" help. Make sure it is seated on both ends before trying to compress.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could get it seated (with force and tools) but as I compressed the spring the new coil trying to go inside the bottom collar just would not go in.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
this is interesting because I have a red that ran as well which we know is stronger than the lime green and I didnt have this issue with it. I wonder if theyve got an issue with those right now - might want to call them and see.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got off the phone with EPI in reference to the spring. They had me measure the dimensions and match them to what they had in stock. They evidently match up. Now a 1/16" difference in our measuring could make a difference. If I got the spring installed I don't see how it would contract once the sheaves starting spreading. They offered to send me a blue and to keep the lime green. So I now have a blue coming. Has any of you tried the blue out. If I'm reading right it may take a little more of the top end away? Anyhow excellent customer service on their part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts