Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am feelling like just getting rid of my brute it is one thing after another last weekend broke a wheel itp warranty it so got that fixed .Then this weekend riding yesterday all good got out today got a rad. hose leaking fixed that went riding . Stopped checked my oil and there it is white sludge oil is clean but dipstick has white sludge on it . No water in the air box exhaust is tight and snorkled so where is the water coming from any help would be great

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well if you didnt plug that duckbill in the airbox, then thats where. Next time add some Marvels mystery oil when you change the oil.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is the duckbill you are talking about and how much marvels oil

thanks Jason

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Ok i am feelling like just getting rid of my brute it is one thing after another last weekend broke a wheel itp warranty it so got that fixed .Then this weekend riding yesterday all good got out today got a rad. hose leaking fixed that went riding . Stopped checked my oil and there it is white sludge oil is clean but dipstick has white sludge on it . No water in the air box exhaust is tight and snorkled so where is the water coming from any help would be great

Thanks Jason
front or rear seal leaking any?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah seals like every once in awhile but not all the time how is the best way to change the rear seal

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
leaking seals will let water in. my front was real bad. it caused the type water you are seeing. no milk but streaks and sludge on top of it and on the dip stick.

The rear is easier than front.
remove the driveshaft, stick screwdriver in between shaft and seal then pry out to the side. clean area real well. lube new seal inside and out then tap it gently in till it's flush.

you will need to drain the oil.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
before the I checked the oil I was having fun floating in the creek and showing everybody that brute power

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
No offense, but don't think the Brute is the issue....lol

You ca break a rim on anything and if yer gonna float her, water is always gonna be a issue.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
just seal your airbox lid with RTV silicone and it won't leak any...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the air box is dry no water at all i'm going to replace both seals this week

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
yaw need to come up for air more often,you guys need submarines.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
hate to break it to ya but when you go deep and everything, you cant think your bike is perfect yea we get away with alot of things but any bike takes maintaining and checking up on all the time, i know it frustrates you along with the rest of us when our bikes mess up but you got think postive and think of the times you had swimming with the brute and smoking hondas lol when you think that you will look down at the brute and :rockn: but for your case i would checkthe seals also if the airbox is clean

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think its all blown out of portain all i did was swim across the creek a couple times it was little over waste deep i have had it deeper and no leaks and i always check my oil after i get in any water

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no never been sunk knock on wood this is the first time i have ever seen any kind of water in it but its weird the oil looks good just white slugde on the dipstick

·
Registered
210 Posts
No offense, but don't think the Brute is the issue....lol

You ca break a rim on anything and if yer gonna float her, water is always gonna be a issue.
Yep. I love my brute! It's been real good to me esp how hard we ride 'em. No major issues that I've had to pay for. Warranty fixed a few wiring issues though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts