Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around the forum for a while now. I like reading all your posts. One thing that I have realized on this forum is: Some of you ride the he11 out of your Brutes! Water..... crazy A$$ deep and mud up to your arm pits and the Brute still takes it.

Makes me realize that my '08 BF 750 is going to last a long time for what I do with it. (Trail riding, occasional swamp and hauling out dead critters.)

Keep up the good work on all the posts and thanks to all! I have learned tons about my machine because of this forum.

You guys rock!:rockn:

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Yea some people try to tell me I have to work on mine too much but I try to tell them if you put it in the crap we do and you have the power the brute does :rockn: and you have 30" mud grips then something has got to give. They're very dependable bikes especially if ridden normally.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
and alot of the work ive been doin lately is improvement stuff....but they will take a beating. but they will break just as fast as the other ones also. i bought my bike to play, so play is what i do

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Like me, with only 26's on it, you'll have alot less problems. The more you mod, the more chance of the OEM stuff failing & breaking.

Most of my damage was self inflicted or from being hit by Hondas!!, not the bikes fault.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
definitely wanna FOLLOW the brakeless Honda's, not let them follow you!! lol

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I'll post some rear bumper pics........I'm taking up a collection now from out group to replace it....lol

I can't understand why anyone would live with it like that. There are numerous disc brake conversion kits for them, but they just keep replacing the crappy shoes!!!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
All my friends but one thinks my BF is always braking. They don't realize I'm tuning it from the last mod I did. I'm not the type to put a mod on and call it good! It needs tweaking to get it just right. Its funny because I find myself doing everything first like Snorkels. Now they are doing theirs or speaking of it.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Sad thing is, I own a 96' honda 300 4x4 and the brakes are fine. I've ran it through **** but I keep it up to snuff.

Key word: "Preventative Maintenance"

Just sayin'
Try driving through a river in January and the tell me what you think of them 10 minutes later...lol

If they are not frozen in the winter, there full of mud in the summer. You can maintain them, I agree. They are cheap to fix but they are still crap compared to anything disc. The new Ranchers I think are front disc now (and maybe rear too?).

And how may do the park brake or rear still work on? I'd say less than 10%, unless you just replaced everything.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I seen a great picture of a sticker yesterday.....It said my Lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes....LMAO!!!

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I seen a great picture of a sticker yesterday.....It said my Lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes....LMAO!!!
Got to get that sticker.....

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I need that on my truck!!lol

·
Registered
3,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have been around the forum for a while now. I like reading all your posts. One thing that I have realized on this forum is: Some of you ride the he11 out of your Brutes! Water..... crazy A$$ deep and mud up to your arm pits and the Brute still takes it.

Makes me realize that my '08 BF 750 is going to last a long time for what I do with it. (Trail riding, occasional swamp and hauling out dead critters.)

Keep up the good work on all the posts and thanks to all! I have learned tons about my machine because of this forum.

You guys rock!:rockn:

:mimbrules:

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
I bought mine to ride hard so that is what i do with it. It is a born and raised mud machine

·
KAJUN MUD SLINGERS
88 Posts
i want to put that on my brute

1 - 20 of 20 Posts