Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to give the thing a work out this week end fri/sat at red creek, worked great, would have rode sunday but broke left front axle, it would engage from a dead stop or rolling, an disengage the same way. all together i have around 25hrs on this first 4 working out bugs an adjusting, last 20 or so just enjoying it, worked flawless (dam i am happy). i will never worry about that electric pos anymore. the other brute will be back later today to get the final adjustments an improvments to it,

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at the post by headc1, iused this basic idea but with mods i incorprated, i used a clutch cable from hd, brake leaver with parking brake from honda, cut a peace of 5/16 aluim plate for the slide,and ran cable through existing hole for electric wiring, an installed a spring internally to push the leaver into 4wd position if the cable fails, mounted brake leaver to rear of front rack, when the brake leaver is pulled it is out of 4wd an can be locked out by setting park brake leaver, release brake an the int spring will assist in 4wd engagement work smooth an simple, will be posting pictures an stuff later

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I'm still waiting for this to be "perfected"....I want this setup so much!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
bigwheelbrute... flip your switch to 2wd and disconnect the battery for a few mins... it should send you back into 2wd. May not be the most convienant way to get things done but it works

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
this is a good idea.....please think of cost per for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
We NEED a detailed how-to with lots of pics

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
lol he aint gona give u that cuz he patent his idea so he is gona sell them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
well i need one asap i dont wanna buy a new actuator

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I have a brand new one I will sell since I don't have a brute anymore pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 4 wheel drive isn't working i did away with the kebc now i want old school no computer telling my machine when the 4 wheel drive can work, interested in the manual locker if theres one thats available, if selling one please e.mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actuator

look at the post by headc1, iused this basic idea but with mods i incorprated, i used a clutch cable from hd, brake leaver with parking brake from honda, cut a peace of 5/16 aluim plate for the slide,and ran cable through existing hole for electric wiring, an installed a spring internally to push the leaver into 4wd position if the cable fails, mounted brake leaver to rear of front rack, when the brake leaver is pulled it is out of 4wd an can be locked out by setting park brake leaver, release brake an the int spring will assist in 4wd engagement work smooth an simple, will be posting pictures an stuff later
is there a way you could sale me a manual actuator

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
10-4 call or text me 601 201 3573 in stock ready for a home View attachment 16009

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here's a single unit View attachment 16010 there's been a lot of changes since I made the 1st one

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the handle installed? Looking at getting one of these but want to see the finish product. I don't want it to look "hacked". I'm looking for a nice clean finished look with reliable functionality.

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 31 Posts