Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ever since i put the HID lights in my brute my outside/marker lights look sick. So i been wanting to add some different ones. I was gonna go with green colored LEDs.While i think the green would have had a cool factor i don't think they would be practical.So I decide to use white instead to match the HIDs. I have the option to run the marker lights only and have the HIDs off so hopefully the new LEDs will put out enough light to use when you only want a little light.The HIDs are too bright some times.I just put them in so i have not tried them out in the dark yet.The cool thing is that there really cheap so if i want to change the color later i can for less then $10.

Heres the stock marker lights.

Heres the new white LED marker lights.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
that looks a lot better! :rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Wow dude, that looks really good. 100% better!
I need to do more night riding..

Do you have any pics of the lighting intallation? Mainly where the ballasts are placed and the modification of the lamp holders?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i did not take any pics. When i done the mod Stockstinks had pics posted up on HL but since that time his pics have either went bad or have been removed but all the info is still posted up there. Ive already done two this way. If i do another I'll document it.

As for the ballast locating i just zip tied them up high to the frame.Right up close to the under side plastic fender. There water proof so i was just concerned with making sure i had them up out of the way.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
thats looks good

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
What was the cost of all that, if you dont mind sharing..?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its been so long since I bought the HID kit off ebay that i don't remember the exact price but it was close to $80 give or take a little.And i give $6 for the LED marker lights. Add in the silicone,45 amp relay,roll of wire,blade connectors and heat shrink i would guess the total cost close to $100.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Thats not real bad.... not at all.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought them on ebay. There the 7 LED. But really not very bright either. The fact that there white may make them look brighter then the colored.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts