Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well iam almost done just have to paint the tops and really zip strap them down. i kinda hacked up the the front shroud so i ordered another one I dont think I will use my dremel on this one I could not cut a stright line to save my life. alot of guys r using under coating paint from auto zone right?

·
Administrator
15,439 Posts
looks good! :rockn: yeah I used truck bed liner in an aresol(sp?) can... it works pretty good, just make sure you clean the plastic good, then let it dry over night after you spray them.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
that's what i used aswell. you should paint your shroud with it too so the texture will match all the way across. i havent seen it done that way but i think it would look smooth! what's the rack padded for?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I know it's a personal preference but why did you make them so short? I've had times when my whole pod went underwater and would have drowned over those.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really dont water ride I do alot of trail riding and just alittle mud but I heard all the stories about water in the motor. So just to be safe i snorked it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
looks good. i still would have made them go over the pod though, but its your snorkels

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the bike is at HMF right now getting dyno tuned. I have to drive to Arkansas 2 night to pick up a boat from ranger then come back home and drive to hmf to pick up my bike. Then I have to put the axle in my old sportsman so i can sell it sunday so It might be till next week till i paint them.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Looks good man. You did good job.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I really like them low like that. I just like to ride water a lot so I would be nervous. I looks almost factory like that.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
More pics please when it's done (and please continue to include the gf too :))!!

I like what you've done. I don't think I need the real high ones either (and don't underwater mud like these nuts ball on here :rockn:) and would like to see what yours looks like when it's done.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Trim your plastic with some black vacuum hose one you get finished. I'm ready to see it finished as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I looks great, like the short look. Shrouds are cheap if you dont like it, I butchered mine too the first time as well, so i got a new one.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well got my bike back from the dyno tune with the new snorks no more back firing. he said he changed the pilot jets and ajusted the screws. I only thing I dont like is when i hit the gas it has a hesitation to it. Is this cuz the snorks now do I have to put dual snorks on this thing to get rid of that. I tought if i keep them low and threw the bars it would not do this

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
So the hesitation is new behavior?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea before u would hit the gas and the wheels would aim 4 the sky now u hit it and it takes a second or 2 to really pull hard

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I should be starting mine this week. Will also be building a stereo to go on the front rack. 2" lift is on the way should be putting it on this week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts