Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
I just bought a 650 sra with spun rod bearing and want to build it myself but my buddy that is gonna pay for the rebuild wants to send it to flynt. Im gonna pick it up this weekend and really get to look at the frame and diffs to see how much it will take to get back in ridable shape. I bought it for 1000 and it is suppose to have newly rebuilt front diff and has a 2.5xt warn winch. Anybody need any parts pm me and ill keep a list if i decide to part out.

does it happen to have the optional storage canister on the back?

Nope I don't believe it does. How hard was it to rebuild the motor and get everything running good. The quotes to rebuild mild to wild is anywhere from 2500 to 4800.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
i think flynt will do a stock rebuild for 1800 if the cases and cylinder is good. that wat he had said before. but u can do it urself. just get a manual and go at it. i didnt help wit the top end, but puttin the bottom end together was not bad at all. and if u get to tear the entire motor down and rebuild its easier cause u can possibly remember where most of the stuff goes. it sucks to get a motor to rebuild when most of it is tore down already

Well I tried to crank it again last week and the key way was broke. I order a 6* timing advance key that came in yesterday. I'm putting it in tonight, hopefully all goes well.

The new shoes should be in Thursday or Friday for it. I was going to order 312's but when she saw the pic of them she decided she wanted something flashier (you know bling bling) so I ended up ordering chrome SS112's with 30" backs wrapped around them.

Well it didn't got to well last night. I put the 6* key in and it cranked right up. It idled perfect for about 5 seconds and then started missing and died. It broke the new key. Has anyone heard of this happening with the 6* key? I'm a little skeptical of them because of the offset there is less metal and looks weaker than a stock one.

Well they have great customer service over at 700v.com I emailed him this morning and told them what happened and they're shipping me a new 6* key.

bump. i tagged this thread.

this was the best post I've seen so far. Good work, looking forward to final pic's

what did you guys do as far as the crank bearing that they say you have to replace goes, mine is in bad shape, and i'm tryin not to have to spend 700.00 $$ on new cases, thanks in advance.

I just rebuilt my 08 brute 750. If you need parts.....kawasakipartsnation and cheapcycleparts. I ordered Crank, Rods, Bearings, Rings, Gasket Set, Oil Pump. Crank I got for 241.00. **** thing runs better then it did from the factory. gonna clutch it next I think.

I never did update this post sorry guys. The bike is still running great. We bought a teryx and sold this brute to a friend of mine (told him if he ever sold it I wanted it back). I also ended up putting a 6" lift on it and he just put 32's on it. If you ever remove a pull start off the side of a brute, replace the inner part with a washer.

I've been talking with a guy on here through pm's, he's getting ready to do a motor rebuild, and thought I would throw this pic out there. This is from a couple of weeks ago when I was rebuilding my motor for my Teryx. That's a 5 gal. bucket of ice with the crank shoved down in it. Wow did this make crank removal easy. I didn't want to damage the crank in case I wanted to get it turned later. After the crank got good and cold, I set the case on some tall blocks of wood and used a hammer and another block of wood to knock the crank out of the case. Came out easy. I also had the new crank sitting in the freezer for installation.

Attachments

yeah that works wonders, and that crank you got turned you shouldn't have any worries about it cause i went that route with the same guy and its been running great, or atleast it did untill i got water in the motor from a freaking vac hose off the throttle body. but we tore it down and the crank and rods were still in great shape just one or two little bitty marks on the bearings none on the crank or rods. Loving the bigger and stronger bearings so far

Big Shannon on kawairiders is doing my crank right now for 225.00. Web brothers and four stroke tech does them for 325.00. Cheaper than a new crank and rods and more robust rod bearings than stock.

does anyone know what rod bearings these guys are using when they turn the crank and resize the rods? I have a place that will rework these for 150 with bearings..... its a buddies shop and I want him to do my work then I can spread the word and save you all some money!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.