Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered MSD fuel Module and primary/secondary springs from VFJ. I asked what he reccomended spring-wise for my rig but I cant remember what he said. I just said "ok send me that!" I know his rep and he wouldnt steer me wrong. My question is does anyone have a similar setup with MSD and springs and how much low end difference can I expect? Also im pretty savvy with mechanics but how hard are these springs to install? Will I need any special tools?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's videos on YouTube for installing the springs. The primary is super easy and only special tool you'll need is a clutch puller.
The secondary will require some sort of compressor for the spring (can find homemade plans on here). Also really easy though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is what he told me for the secondary.

You can make it yourself.

You need 2 feet of threaded rod 5/8 or 3/4 thread. 2x nuts and 2x washers for that rod.

Then go buy a 2 inch PVC cap. or 2 inch C channel metal. Basically drill a hole in it the size of the rod and that will compress the spring cup enough to get off the locking clip

here's a pic so you get an idea. It doesn't have to be made this intricate.

Justin
2012 Brute Force 750 eps
29.5 OL2 S/W
Snorkels
Warn Vantage 2000lb Winch
RDC 2" Lift Kit
RDC Rad Kit
VFJ #6 & #3
HMF Swamp XL W/ Snorkel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys. Headed to the Kawi dealer today to get the clutch puller. Springs and MSD supposed to be in the mail today! Ill let ya know how it goes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts