·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I like the outlaws, but I have not tried the silverbacks YET they are on order

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh let me know what you think of them. I havent purchased any tires yet.
I was set on 31 laws, but let me know about the backs.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
the lugs seem way to close together on the 31's I am going 30 skinnys

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I voted outlaws cause you stated mud only!!. I would think the silver backs would trail a little better based on what i read ONLY.I have never tried a set of Silver backs so i cant truly say but every where on the net that you read about them people say they dig a little more then the outlaws. If they dig then that means they climb and my experience with the outlaws say they suck at climbing anything slick. If i was planning on trail riding and mud riding then the Silver backs would be the one i looked at. Again i will state that i have never ridden with or on a set of silver backs so my opinion is not fact.

But what is fact is that i have seen a set of outlaws get stuck trying to cross a wet downed tree that a set of mud lites just crawled right over with no problem.I also seen(same day) the same outlaws not make it up a slick creek bank that the mudlites just cruised right up.I mean it was so bad that we had to give the guy with the 27 laws time to find a better way out because he could not make it up. The guy with the 26 mud lites was driving up and down the bank laughing at him. This is the truth. (We all know it would be the other way around in a nasty mud hole)

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Yeah sometimes the laws have there setbacks... Speaking of backs... I've had the itch a time or 2 to get a set of 27's or something and run them on the brute, just to see how they perform on the whole...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they do pretty good rock crawling :)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I voted Outlaws for Mud...
A Race only Tire my vote is the EDL's Most pits are Hard bottom and they bite and Pull harder IMO....

I think TCM may be getting some Sliverbacks as a Demo Tire from one of our sponsors. They will be probably be 28x10's though.....If we do I will have a report from who ever races with them..

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
^ Sounds good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like my silverbacks, they get a great bite and pull very hard. If you hit the gas you better hang on! lol

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
looks like the margin is narrowing!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cant wait for him to get them :)
he been riding on executioners and they seems to dig quick. he got stuck a few times the laws sailed thru. he gonna love those tires!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Your son must be a good guy...LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<pat on back> yes i am ;) </pat on back>

Honestly, he's just given me way to much stuff in my lifetime so far and this is my chance to give him something I KNOW he'll love. He likes riding as much as I do! He's the one who got me into riding when i was a kid. We've had lots of good times together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i never rode the outlaws, but my silverbacks dig like no other...the biggest reason i bought them was because of the deeper lugs and the side lugs.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Huh, So they do dig?
I was still debating 31 laws vs 30/32 Silverbacks.
Not anymore :)
31 laws baby!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i guess its all in what mud your in...for me the digging is an advantage because i can get to the thicker stuff underneath and go places...since i've put the gear reduction in and have real good torque I wouldnt trade these tires for nuthin...even if i break everything on my bike lol

1 - 20 of 137 Posts