·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Outlaws. The silverbacks cost to much! Gotta save money for breakage

Same price or cheaper if you go to certain sites...:rockn:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a question for the people that are voting how can yall say what the ultimate mud tire is if you havent owned but 1 brand.Most everybody that's voting on Outlaws have never owned anything else.I have owned American EDL's with are a good tire on a small bike like honda's and on a big bike they dig really bad i rode my Brute with them one time and sold the tire's because they dug way to bad.I have owned 27's,28'29' and 31 Outlaws,out of these the 29's are the best in the swamp's.The 31's ride the best but the lugs are to close to each other and they dont clean as well as they need to be the best mud tire.I have owned 2 set's of silverbacks and they were 30's and they pull really hard in the swamps and dont dig as bad as people say they do.If your diging thatbad you need to let of the gas a little and let the tire's do the work.But the silverbacks ride alot rougher than any of the tire's but a real mud tire ride's rough.As far as the best tire for racing is 30 or 32 silverbacks and it was proven this year at all of the race's.As far as the best MUD tire it would have to be 30" silverbacks and then 29" outlaws.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have a question for the people that are voting how can yall say what the ultimate mud tire is if you havent owned but 1 brand.Most everybody that's voting on Outlaws have never owned anything else.I have owned American EDL's with are a good tire on a small bike like honda's and on a big bike they dig really bad i rode my Brute with them one time and sold the tire's because they dug way to bad.I have owned 27's,28'29' and 31 Outlaws,out of these the 29's are the best in the swamp's.The 31's ride the best but the lugs are to close to each other and they dont clean as well as they need to be the best mud tire.I have owned 2 set's of silverbacks and they were 30's and they pull really hard in the swamps and dont dig as bad as people say they do.If your diging thatbad you need to let of the gas a little and let the tire's do the work.But the silverbacks ride alot rougher than any of the tire's but a real mud tire ride's rough.As far as the best tire for racing is 30 or 32 silverbacks and it was proven this year at all of the race's.As far as the best MUD tire it would have to be 30" silverbacks and then 29" outlaws.
Great View Toby...I agree with you 100%. I have had both EDL's, 27 & 29.5 Outlaws....but only one set of Silverbacks which are 28x10x12's. They do not dig nothing like people say....what happens is..and "I am NOT saying any one individual" see what someone else has said and they repeat it....I have had a LOT of tires because I like to trade and try new things...I am sure you have had more Mud tires than me....I am VERY happy with my Silverbacks. I have only tried...not owned the 30 Silverbacks...but I was very impressed with them....I liked a lot better than the 29.5 Outlaws I had....but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I was reading through this thread and was thinking the exact same thing. People go by what they read, or by only what they've used. I personally have had both the 29.5 outlaws and 28 silvers. Silvers ride rougher on hard land, but i definitly like them more in the mud. A better mud tire imo. After trying them both out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well my buddy has a 2011 Can Am X MR 800, and I've seen how his Law's and Back's work.
With what I seen I liked the Law's better for sure. Although I can't bash the Back's at all LoL!

Right now I ride 26.5x11x14 Pitbull Über Rockers on 8x14, 5+2, ITP SS 212's and they work great in everything.
But I just put an order in for 4 new 29.5x11x14 OutLaw 2's on the new 7x14, 5+2, ITP SS 216's (I'll have them May 9th so I'll post back what the better Mud tire out of the 3 are)

·
Registered
92 Posts
32s are the baddest hands down the only outlaw that compares is 31x11x14s outlaws all around

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA ^ Thanks for the good laugh. :bigok:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am really happy with my 28" ITP mega mayhems

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
I guess it's time to make a new one and add terms in there too. Maybe ill do that tomorrow.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
I edited it and opened it back up for voting.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have 30 inch black mambas on my rzr s and I love them. they are the only true mud tire I have owned. ive only rode them a few times and it was in the sulfur river bottoms and they did great. it was a good mix of sand and the east texas equivalent of skegg. P I think u should add them to the list. just so everyone know 30 inch mambas will not fit under a rzr s with the shocks all the way up without a lot of trimming. so I called super atv and got the 5 inch lift and am excited to test them out at mud nats in a few days.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
mamba's are on the list, but no ones has voted for them

·
Registered
779 Posts
i had to choose between the EDL Vampires and Outlaws ...

EDL's are nice. Cut straight through the mud to find hard bottom and help you pull out of those tricky holes. And they clean out pretty good! BUT the outlaws keep me coming back because of how well they perform over the EDL's ....they find the bottom PLUS act as a scoop and move you across/through the mud. For my type riding, Outlaws. But if i raced i would def. choose some crushed EDL's!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
if they were on here, i would vote Monsters. They have performed flawless for me. given that they are the only true mud tire i have tried , i have no reason to try any other. Very happy with them.

41 - 60 of 136 Posts