Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Mudder InLaw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got 29.5 terms and love them nice riding and go good but rode brutemikes bike with the ol2s and ill have to say those tires are nasty and they get my vote.

Rather be MUDDIN then using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have some 28" mega mayhems on my rzr S now, run a little small but im pretty happy with them so far. would love to get a monster mayhem

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll add another vote for the Mega Mayhem. Sure, it's no Outlaw or Silverback, but in my opinion, if you're researching properly, you won't expect it to be.

However, mine so far have stuck side by side with two other Brutes, one on 28" OG Outlwas, the other on 28" Silverbacks. Now I could see situations where I'd love to have one of the others, but I'm not in those situations often enough to warrant either one. On the plus side, I can also run 50-60 mph on hard pack, and it doesn't rattle every bolt loose.

As far as fast trail riding, not so much. They're not BAD, they do decent. But they're definitely not a Bighorn, or Terracross. Then again, this is a case of "you should know that".

I say, if you're a mud/water rider that also sees a decent amount of trail time, you can't really go wrong with the Mega Mayhems.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
I'll add another vote for the Mega Mayhem. Sure, it's no Outlaw or Silverback, but in my opinion, if you're researching properly, you won't expect it to be.

However, mine so far have stuck side by side with two other Brutes, one on 28" OG Outlwas, the other on 28" Silverbacks. Now I could see situations where I'd love to have one of the others, but I'm not in those situations often enough to warrant either one. On the plus side, I can also run 50-60 mph on hard pack, and it doesn't rattle every bolt loose.

As far as fast trail riding, not so much. They're not BAD, they do decent. But they're definitely not a Bighorn, or Terracross. Then again, this is a case of "you should know that".

I say, if you're a mud/water rider that also sees a decent amount of trail time, you can't really go wrong with the Mega Mayhems.
Very nice review!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just saw this thread and have to throw my vote in on the Silverbacks. Our group has had a mixture of just about every popular tire out there and in my experience I've grown to love the silverback over the others.

We would put two bikes in a hole one with backs one with og laws, they were both 28's on a 2" lift. Most of the time if one bike went in and got stuck the other one was going to do the exact same thing.. The difference was that the atv equipped with silverbacks could shift into reverse and back right out of the hole. The one with outlaws would have to fight and fight or get winched to get back out.

Backing up means you can turn and try a different line or just abandon the hole worst case!

Secondly the silverbacks will stay on the bead with 5 lbs of air in them which usually translates to a smoother ride. Outlaws on the other hand will spin in the tire or mud and water will get past the bead causing them to leak if you run them much less than 12psi.

All in all when it comes down to a pure mud tire gorilla will get my money instead of highlifter!

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
^I only ran 5-7 in my OG 29.5's and never had an issue...

·
Registered
457 Posts
^I only ran 5-7 in my OG 29.5's and never had an issue...
I wish that had been the case for the guys I rode with! We were constantly having to break them down to clean mud out of the bead because they wouldn't hold air anymore. We even overfilled them and let them sit in an effort to get the beads to properly set!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Like the title says, ultimate mud tire, I would have to say 32" backs. Pull harder, climb better and break more crap than any other tire I've owned. For all around mud, trail combo I'd go with 31" laws. Had them on 2 bikes and it is my tire of choice. They ride so smooth and the pull well in the mud, but they are terrible climbers. I just have to get rid of the 30" backs on my bike now and go back to 31's haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Monster Mayhems are in and I'm testing them soon. I'll let you guys know how it goes. They most likely aren't the best MUD ONLY but they will work great in the mud and on the hard packed. Yea buddy!

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's hard to determine the "ultimate mud tire" because there are so many different types of mud. For example the original outlaws exceed in muskeg because they tend to stay on top and not dig for bottom. But on the other hand in a clay type mud IMO they tend to cake up and not clean out as well as a silverback. Also all mud tires have different lug spacing varying on the size of the tire. So there are so many brands and sizes to be taken into thought that makes it near impossible to determine the "ultimate mud tire". Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 05 brute 650 sra with 4" lift trying to figure out witch tires to go with. Was thinking either silvers or mambas, the mamabas look like they are better but the weigh so **** much and the silvers are lighter. Don't want to break stuff. Any suggestions? They would be 30x12s
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Holy cow. Got the mega mayhems on and those stupid mambas OFF.. its a whole new ride now. Its amazing !!!

would much rather be muddin then talkin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't go wrong with either tire. I remember Blackie and his 840bbk ran backs and they went through just as good as outlaws. It all comes down if your bike can turn the tire efficiently without real problems.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts