·
Registered
427 Posts
So you gain clearance.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
All depends on what kinda mud ur riding in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Wide tires are alot heavier too... And are hard to get turning.

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Wider tires aren't really that much heavier. On most brands.

Posted via Tapatalk for iPhone5

·
Registered
427 Posts
It really depends on what your riding, up here in muskeg wide works fantastic...but half the ride you go through rutted up hard/soft bottom holes where extra ground clearance makes the difference. My bike on 31's makes it all look easy compared to buddy on 28 wides in these holes. Generally any conditions larger > wider..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
151 Posts
In slop and mud, i watch people with heavy bikes do nothing but dig holes with tall skinny tires. At some point they bottom out regardless of how much ground clearance. The wide footprint just isnt there to give traction and help stay up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually run skinny wides... Seem to do ok.... I would like to try all skinnys tho.... Bc they are lighter

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
The weight difference will not gain you any performance. Unless you ride areas that have good hard bottoms under the mud, then all skinnys is a horrible idea.

Now. Y'all quit boogering up this thread w/ skinny vs wide talk and use the skinny vs wide thread for that discussion. That's what it's for.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hasn't that tire been discontinued?

·
Registered
324 Posts
they may be, or so i thought. but they seem to still be offered by quit a few places. and i think they are still on the maxxis site. i ran into one guy that had them on his RZR, and swore by them. just depends who you talk to i guess. i still cant believe how well the reg zillas do in the nasty stuff. i would go far as to say that in my oppion, they have put a smile on my face , better than my last "true" mud tires, the Monsters. i mean they just get the job done. im not talking water riding, just nasty mud riding. so there i said it. Zilla's = stupid good tire for the nasty stuff. cheap too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 28in mudzilla's on my 800 ranger and they do okay. not my first choice. I got them for 200 bucks and they only had two rides on them..i wont be buying them again..im looking at mudlite xxl's..i trail ride more than mud ride so that's y im thinking of Mudlites

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Mud-lites are not mud tires. I'm sorry, they just aren't. More like an all terrain.

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone5

101 - 120 of 136 Posts