Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Muffler Repacking (LRD)

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Brute650i 
#1 ·
This will be for the LRD but I'm sure they are probably about all the same...

It will be a week or so before I get it put back together I imagine, will have to order the packing kit & new core. I think I could clean up my core and reuse it, but a new core isnt that much so...

Here is what they look like now... Man that core is all clogged up!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That's one more reason I have second thoughts about buying another aftermarket pipe. Good thing about a modded stock is all you have to is tap it on the sides and wash it out. I've been thinking very serious about building my own big header , same length, no packing exhaust using the stock canister complete with bung holes for a/f meter. Heck if that sawed off cajun Guage can do it I can...hahahaha I just need to research the best header size and order a box of random bends header wrap and bung holes. The rest is almost the same process as choosing how to route your snorks.

#5 ·
Awesome, Thats about how mine looked when i did it about a month ago.
But have to say it lasted longer than i thought it would had about 150 hours through it.

#6 ·
well i filled it w/ mud one time and it dried in there.... thats where most of it came from. I thought about just packing it w/ steel wool but, the packin isnt that expensive I just have to order it from LRD. $24 I think.

#8 ·
yeah, another reason why I'm not doing it! haha... I was wondering if I could just get some fiberlglass from a local place and do that, but then again I'd have to cut it. And still have to buy it. For $24 I get the exact thing I need ready to put in. lol.. seems kinda gooberish not to buy it.

#10 ·
im going with swamp series. no need to repack ever. i guess there is no packing like a stock pipe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.