Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has an 08efi 750 brute force when on a hill are comeing up out of a hole the bike starts trying to stal out and spiting and sputterin then it does not want to run rite then after a few mins it will run fine

any help would be helpfull thanks MIMB BROS

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
is everything electrical + plug boots coated good w/ dielectric grease?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Is it on all hills or only in wet areas? how steep does the bike have to get before it acts up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea man it does it even if he has not been in the mud and water

he got creak water in the tank he said he got it all out but i think sand are trash is still in the bottom of the tank not for sure​

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
huh makes me wonder now if the water sitting in the bottom of the tank, when the bike is on an incline, gets put right at the fuel pump pickup area...
he should really remove that tank and flush it properly. he's asking for a lot of trouble if he dont.

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
^ yep.. like new fuel lines, fuel pumps......... even worse injectors...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep. stuff aint cheap! and it sure wont be warrantied..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
also look at it this way.. the fuel sock/filter inside the fuel pump is not replaceable/cleanable.
you have to buy a new fuel pump..
another reason to clean that out properly.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
i agree with ^^^ or it could be puking oil in the airbox but it should run still decent just smoke for a bit while it is burning the oil out since our catch can sucks but yeah i got water in my tank before from bad gas and had to put some heet in it cleaned it right up but if you got dirt or anything else i would do a good cleaning and some flushing before riding it much anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts