1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
pull the old one out, tap the new one in...... :rockn: haha

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I was going to ask if complete R&R or just the seal and then say that, but you beat me to it.

NO CREATIVE SPELLING!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Haha, I hate these things, they seem like they are always going out

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep he was an early pioneer in the modification of the prairie line of quads

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
here are crankcase seal part numbers for future reference.
brute force 2006-2009.

92049-1570 is the front of the crankcase
92049-0095 is the rear of the crankcase

·
Registered
450 Posts
The rear seal on my 08 BF 750 started leaking with less than 200 miles. Since it was under warranty the dealer fixed it. I now have close to 900 miles on it with no problems but from what I've read here these things go out often. My question is what's the chance of this going out on a ride and loosing a lot of oil before you notice?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
hopefully tomorrow i will have an answer for all this ;)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
The rear seal on my 08 BF 750 started leaking with less than 200 miles. Since it was under warranty the dealer fixed it. I now have close to 900 miles on it with no problems but from what I've read here these things go out often. My question is what's the chance of this going out on a ride and loosing a lot of oil before you notice?

If you ride lots of mud, sandy creek give the seals an eyeball every now and then. you will probably never go on a ride and lose all yer oil on the ride.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I'm going to put seals in really soon. Maybe this weekend front and rear. I put it off to see if my crankcase vent mod helped and it did it leaks less now. I'M also doing the a-arm bushings to.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
the rear seal is easy, i just did mine last night in about 5 mins and that includes draining the oil (i recommend doing that first before starting to remove the seal). just pull the drive shaft towards the rear diff and it will slide off the output shaft coming out the motor. after removing the driveshaft, i took a small flat headed screw driver and very CAREFULLY tapped it in between the case and the seal. after you get it in a little ways, just pry out. just do this a few times, until you get it out. you dont want to do to much at first, cause you run the risk of cracking the case. once you get the old seal out, put some oil on the outside of the new seal and slide it in place, then install the driveshaft, put oil in the bike, and your done.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
you think i can jack up the rear high enough so it wont run out when I pull out the seal?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
I would change the oil......... Better safe than sorry... I usually change mine after every 2 or 3 rides where I was in a lot of water or deep water...

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Stand it on its nous then!! That seal is low on the case. or maybe its left side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts