Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im in the process of replaceing my belt and i have about 3/4 of an inch of play in it. is this good

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
0.87~1.06in. So 3/4" would equal .75" I would say a little tight. Maybe a thin shim out?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i put another shim in the top of my belt is flush in the top op the sheave. in the install pics he says this is too loose

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I would go off of the measurements. Are you putting the proper amount of force on the belt to check the deflection? About 13lbs.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
You've stumped me there. I would say about as hard as you can push it down with your thumb. At least that's what I do. :thinking:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yea thats how i do it.
You may have to put the shim you took out back in and remove a thinner one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had one shim in and when i started it made a small whistleing noise from the snorkel exhaust . Put it in foward and it moved and killed. i guess too tight. I took it back apart and put second shim back in. started it and it ran fine. put it in reverse and it seemed like it wouldn't move like it should. Gave the gas a little and would barely move. one shim almost 3/4 inch play. two shims about one inch. Dont know if im not pushing hard enough or what.:thinking::thinking: Any advice? My old belt was in a million pieces. Could i have a piece in my primary somewhere causeing this. I didnt take it apart or is the belt too loose now.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Are your shim both the same thickness?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Which one did you take out?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try removing the thinner one of the two. Then see how the deflection is.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
always remove the thinnest shim first when tightening the belt. Believe me, 1 tiny thin shim makes a heckuva difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS ALOT FELLAS:rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Good Deal! Now go throw some roosts!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts