Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy brought is 05 to the house lastnight and it was in need of some TLC. I really felt bad for it... This is what it needed
rear wheel bearing
rear cv boot
oil/filter change
air filter
diffs changed
Spark plugs
Wouldnt stay in reverse

Heres why I felt bad for it - Come to find out this bike has 1826 miles on it with around 300 hours and this was its first service - yep thats right - never had an oil change or anything done to it other than fixing a few things were someone t-boned him after he first got it.
Well he got to the house around 5:45 - first I had to pressure wash it cause it would have been **** to work on with all the mud that had been one it from probably the last year - got the under carage clean so i could at least see the bolts. GOt it pulled into the shop - started on the shift linkage - no problem what so ever - got that done. THen went to the wheel bearing - started breaking it down well needless to say it took a cheater bar to break the bolts loose on the hub assy - then as i attempted to take the hub off - I ended up pulling the cv out of the diff - yep the bearing was so far gone that it acted as it welded itself to the axle so i had to beat that off - then the fun started - old bearing was a pain in the *** to get out - I guess u get the jest of it - I finally got in the bed around 1 am this morning and man you talking about a headache today.... I didnt think i drank that much last night but I must have...
After all of this - u'll be glad to know this brute is back to good standings well with the exception of the rear header pipe has about an inch and half crack in it - and the tabs have been welded. So now I've got to find him a new stock exhaust - cut the old one out from under it and put a new one on it. Oh yeah and do the buss connector fix on it. So still some to do but right now - its back to running condition.
It just amazes me how these things will hold up - i would have dang sure figured that break in oil with over 1800 would have already caused some premature failures...
sorry for the long thread

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I feel sorry for it too ;( I hate to see a neglected brute. That does show it can stand up to some abuse though.

I have my stock exhaust. not sure how much it cost to ship it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
got my stock exhaust too if you need it let me know ...

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Sounds like my brother and his Honda. 2 years old now and 2 oil changes only.

That's it. Wheels never been off, brake never inspected, fluids never changed. His time will come, but the crappy part is I'll be the one fixing it.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have also got the full factory exhaust and a HMF Utilty slip-on for a 2008 650 SRA, if any of that helps you, just let me know and we can go from there.

·
KAJUN MUD SLINGERS
88 Posts
to much neglect for one bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts