Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is Gary, i'm from Augusta, GA and have a 08 Polaris Ranger 700 XP. I have 27" mudlights and a few other accessories. I am looking to snorkel it if i can get some tips on it. I don't really like riding in deep water, but i want them incase i need them someday. I know i need to extend the 3 factory snorkels, and i found the gas tank vent line. What else is there to look for? Any other vent lines i need to elevate? Does anyone know anything about snorkleing the exhaust also, and if the after market exhaust are worth the money on a ranger? I posted in the Polaris forum also. Let me know anything you can. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
front and rear diff vent lines
the exhaust thing is your preference, but aftermarket exhausts sound good to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks and more questions

thanks for the feedback. i know the aftermarket exhaust sounds good on four wheelers, but i have never heard one on a side by side of any kind? will it give me a little more horse power as it does to other unite? what about the air filter also, i see some guys that eliminate the air box completely and have the filter on the end of the snorkel. any good come out of this? or should i just order a good filter for my air box?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
No air box is a BAD IDEA. It serves more purposes than just housing your air filter. Go for Twin Air brand air filter

·
Registered
45 Posts
agreed on the airbox. i've heard several side by sides with exhaust and they sound just as good as atvs

F

·
0 Posts
GSSMITH go to the thread called "snork prob with ranger" I just posted the snorkels I did on my 09 Crew on there if you want to see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts