Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my gorilla axle in but my outside cup is still getting hot I checked my bearings they are ok so I guess my question is anybody had this problem any ideas what could be going on

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
YOU GOT A LIFT?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea 2 inch and highlifter springs but in 5 minutes of riding you cant even touch its so hot

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Well something aint right.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep thats what I was thinking It kinda feels like there isn't any grease in the cup I just wonder if one got out not greased

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
If it wasnt greased it should be popping. That would be the only logical answer for the heat :thinking:is the heat transfering to the shaft ? or is it isolated to the cup and bearings?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only spot getting hot is the cup not popping

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok this is noise its making it sounds dry metal to metal scratching sound

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
It doesent sound like it has any grease in it ! thought eariler today it could be the cup rubbing on the flange somewhere but now i think you got a bad axle but i aint sure

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep I dont think there is any grease in it now I have to wait and get a hold of them and see whats next

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ive seen it written that gorilla axles pop and make noise while "breaking in"

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phreebsd you are correct but how hot is to hot this axle got so hot I spit on it and it boiled the spit in less than a 1/4 mile easy ride up the rode

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got a hold of gorilla they say its just a good tight axle and to break it in by getting it hot and then letting it cool then repeating 20 or so times and keeping it in the water and mud :rockn: I think this is going to be a fun break in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts