Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here within the next few months I'll be acquiring a new '08-09 Brute 750. I'm hoping for a Team Green or Black, but as long as I just get one I don't care what color it is. lol

Here are some things that I have planned:

29.5" Outlaws
ITP 212 Rims
Xtreme 2" Lift
HL Springs
HMF or Muzzy
Uni Airfilter
Clutch Kit
PCIII
Gorillas
Winch
MIMB Snorks
Diamond Plate Bumper

Am I missing anything?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Sounds like to me all you need is Gas :rockn:. As far as the clutch kit don't know what you had in mind, but pretty much all you need is a red secondary....$30 to your door.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I wouldnt spend money on the Gorilla axles until I had to. There are plenty of Brutes running stock axles that have little or no problems.

As far as a clutch kit I would just replace the secondary spring and see how you like it before you buy the whole kit most seem to be happy with just the secondary. My stock belt had over 700mi on 29.5s with stock clutch and it was not that bad when I replaced it, in fact I am gonna keep it for a spare.

Plan on upgrading the tie rods and ends and also bushings and bearings in the front end.

Other than that sounds like you thought of it all.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Richochet under armour?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Other than HL, where is the best place to get the diamond plate stuff? I wanted either that or aluminum for a front bumper.

·
Registered
90 Posts
a very good fabricator.

I was married to one of those. Actually, I was married to 3 very good fabricators...Never could tell the truth.

I'll check it out, thanks.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I was married to one of those. Actually, I was married to 3 very good fabricators...Never could tell the truth.
Thats pretty good! :haha:

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
List looks good, just take out the HMF. Go Muzzy! And yeah if you're not doing like a 4+inch lift that comes with new gorillas I'd wait till one dies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow those are some big n bad looking machines....just purchased my first atv..an 06 Brute force 650 sra with 200 miles for 3400.00...was not brand specific just went after what I thought was a good deal....I guess I am not modified but it should be fun...what mods should I do first money being tight??? Protection? Skid plates n arms? Any good deals n sites for those? I know I want new tires...these stock ones suck....roll over and not good in snow....keeping stock rims what do you guy recommend for trail and mud....???

·
Registered
762 Posts
what about getting the clutch machined?
Vforce is getting mine in the next week or so!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
wow those are some big n bad looking machines....just purchased my first atv..an 06 Brute force 650 sra with 200 miles for 3400.00...was not brand specific just went after what I thought was a good deal....I guess I am not modified but it should be fun...what mods should I do first money being tight??? Protection? Skid plates n arms? Any good deals n sites for those? I know I want new tires...these stock ones suck....roll over and not good in snow....keeping stock rims what do you guy recommend for trail and mud....???

trail mud and snow - outlaw mst's come to mind, 589's and swamp fox.
Cheap mod - snorkel the bike. Will protect you when exploring the deeper areas.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Maineguide4hire, Most definitely snorkel it, it can be done for around 80 dollars. It'll save your *** when you have one of those "oh ****!" moments... you never know when that mud puddle is actually a hole a shortbus could fit in. You may have to do some rejetting but someone else will have to chime in on that. Also might i suggest ITP 589's for tires. They wear well and work good on trails and pretty good in mud, and from what i understand, good enough in snow too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I forgot to mention those few minor details about the axles, tierods and the red secondary. Thanks for the insight, you never want to spend too much money, especially in this economy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts