Mud in My Blood Forum banner

New rear seal from Kawi.

42K views 147 replies 69 participants last post by  MADKAWI 
#1 ·
As the title says, Kawi is shipping an updated rear seal. From what my dealer told me they look like what's on a Suzuki. I know my friends King Quad has never had issues with that seal so sounds good to me.

Good time for mine to let go I guess, should have the parts in next Thursday!

#3 ·
Cool. Did the part # change? I gotta call my dealer. I was about to replace mine. Maybe the new ones will last longer...

#6 ·
Did they just offer you the updated seal when you ordered it or did you ask for it? ...I need to change mine.

#7 ·
^x2

#9 ·
x4 +pics. this is a common problem we all share

#14 ·
No part numbers yet, I'll be sure to get em all when I go to pick up the parts on thursday.

Do my best to get some pics as well!

#15 ·
Are the 650's as bad? If so will this updated seal fit the 650's? Prefably the Arctic Cat 650V2. I'm looking at a Cat 650V2 and was wondering if there as bad and will the updated seal work in it.

thanks

#16 ·
Finally, I sure hope it does work!

Brenton

#17 ·
Confirming that my dealer told me they are expecting a newly engineered seal and cover in two weeks straight from kawie.

No part numbers yet.

#21 ·
Subscribing...

I want to see these pics and part #s as well, Mine is leaking again.

#23 ·
I wish I knew which dealer to go to in order to get one...:thinking:

#24 ·
Pasadena Kawasaki was gonna install a 'new' seal on my buddy's brute but they wanted to keep it like another week to do it... Maybe they have them? I've been wanting to go ask them, cuz mine's leaking now...

#26 ·
Do the Prairie and Brute SRAs have the same probs with the rear seal since they have a boot connecting the swingarm to the rear of the engine?

#27 ·
Those would be my pics! No part numbers...my dealer got the parts in a box with NO paperwork and I believe them. This is the fix and is some kind of beta program. I got it warrantied with 3300 miles on my Brute and 6 previously warrantied seals. Apparantly I'm the 2nd guy in the world that's had this done. Requires a new rear drive shaft for the "shield".. 200 miles and so far so good and hoping for another 200 w/in a week....stay tuned

#28 ·
LM83...just curious how many seals you went through before they picked you for the test..? No one on Kawieriders has had this done and everyone wants it...again no part #'s.

#31 ·
LM83...just curious how many seals you went through before they picked you for the test..? No one on Kawieriders has had this done and everyone wants it...again no part #'s.
I went through 4 seals in 4 weeks. Kawi is being very selective on who recieves the kit. Like you said, dealer showed me the box my kit came in and there was no part numbers on the box or on the packaging. I got picked because of my style of riding, mud,mud,mud,water,water,water,mud,mud, and a lil more mud. I'm rocking on about 350 miles on mine so far. No problems. Dealer did tell me that this kit will eventually be avaliable to the public AT NO COST. Recall item. Your the only other person I know to have this besides me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.