Mud in My Blood Forum banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts
Mine didnt eather butsaid if they have it he could get it for me though.
I don't think most dealers know this exists, it's not being sold as a replacement. From what I can tell it's only coming from customer service on bikes under warranty.

The kit includes the new seal and a new output shaft as the shaft has to be replaced with the new design of the seal
You are missing the "housing" part which encloses the seal... that's the square looking aluminum block held by 4 bolts in the rear of the engine. So, the kit includes 3 parts to fix the leaking problem.
1. Housing
2. Seal
3. Yoke shaft

I just got one of the new seal shield kits installed and so far its holding up.

be nice to know when we can order these kits. Has anybody had problems with the front diff side seals? mine is letting water in and I need to replace those seals in the front diff. Do we have a how to video on that. Sure would be nice

be nice to know when we can order these kits. Has anybody had problems with the front diff side seals? mine is letting water in and I need to replace those seals in the front diff.
You can order now, the parts for the rear seal leaking problem. Actually, it's not a kit. 3 parts have to be ordered individually.

Which seal(s) in the front diff is leaking?

Ive had proublems out of pretty muc all my front seals. Even my axle seals have leaked but mines still under warranty so the dealership covers it.

So has anyone did the install themselves?? How was it?

From wat i can tell the new shield is holding up to sum serious testing on mine and a buddy of mines testing. Both kits have a few rides on them and so far (knock on wood) they ant leaking. Kawi needs to go ahead and do the same for all the seals on the brutes though and be done with it!!!!

I read a report from someone that mud and water got between the "shield" and seal, and it ate the crap outta the seal and shaft.... No water in engine, but he has to replace after only 300 miles

I read a report from someone that mud and water got between the "shield" and seal, and it ate the crap outta the seal and shaft.... No water in engine, but he has to replace after only 300 miles
well I never got 300 miles out of my old seals, was lucky to get 100. I have had the kit for about 120 miles and so far it's working great.

so does anyone have part numbers yet?

Anyone..... my dealer needs the numbers to try and get me the parts. I have to pull my diff this wknd so I was planning on doing this upgrade b4 I put it back in. I can even do a write up and pics

Your not riding unless you break it!

Man i looked on my warranty sheet my dealership gave me but it didnt list any part numbers. Your dealership shouldnt need the part numbers to be able to get the kit. Sounds like to me they just feedin you sum BS!!!!!!

They don't even have one on the floor yet so they don't have anything to go by

ok guys i jus got off the phone with kawi and i got the part numbers to the items we need to do the conversion.

Seal 92049-0160

Housing 41046-0025

Shaft 13310-0028

i was old that this is all we would need to convert the rear

My shaft wasnt even painted so apparently they took it off the jig and sent it out immediately, my buddys was painted at least lol.

I'm ready to get this set-up, so tired of having leaks

Ok I talked to my dealer and he checked on the parts for me. 2 of the parts r on back order and they didnt give him a time frame on it but the total for the conversion parts through my dealer is $176 and some change. I'm not sure if its worth that much to me

Well if your willing to wait a lil while Ill letu kno how mine and my buddys kits actually hold up. If these kits stop the leaking then its definitely worth the money in my oppinion bc I was getting extremely aggavated about mine leaking all the time. Kawai called my yesterday asking me if it was holding up so far and I told them yeah but they needed to go ahead and start making them for the front seals too bc they also go out alot, so I guess we will see wat happens.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.