Mud in My Blood Forum banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts
I had mud/water get behind mine. Never knew it until it was to late. Ate the crap out of my seal and shaft. Horrible looking thing. No mud/water in engine but I'm glad I just decided to change seal to look at the shape it was in. Still tho, 300 miles out of a seal isn't bad....

Question for everyone that got the dealership to change their seal while it was still under warranty: Did they do it for free or did they still charge you labor? I took a look at my seal today and saw that it was leaking (300 miles). I checked the oil level and it still looked pretty much full on the dipstick so I assume I haven't ruined anything yet. My bike is still under warranty ('10 750i) so I was wondering if it would be better to let the stealership screw with it or do it myself. If they're gonna charge me, I'll do it according to the how-to video. Thanks.

Does anyone have any updates on the seal or has personally installed it on their quad. Mines not leaking, but i don't want to have to mess with it every now and then.

after two weeks of hounding my dealer to get me an answer, he kept saying that nobody at kawasaki canada know of this repair or update, yesterday he calls me and says kawi's policy is since these parts numbers are for the 2012 brute , they will not upgrade my quad to these parts for free, kawi's policy is to repair and not upgrade an older bike to a new bike standards, and yes i have 2 more years of warranty, they will put in another leaker rear seal but not correct the problem, so i either have a ****** dealer, that is making excuses or kawi sucks! in 09 i bought a new klr 650 from the dealer brought it home and it wouldnt start , would crank till the battery was dead, found on the forums that the decompression setup was faulty and needed to be ground down to alow complression enough to start, kawi told me they had no recorderd issues of this, after two weeks of a bike that wouldnt start and , waiting for replyies from kawi, i got tired of it , followed the procedure that someone had posted and they bike now started, i guess i am saying that wether its my dealer or kawi canada, im really no longer gonna be a supporter of there product, feels like they just dont care, , and after owning three new kawi bikes in the last 4 years, kawi will no longer get my buisiness, i wish i had never bought there extended warranty!!!!!!!!

How about just letting the warranty take care of the seal problem until it runs out, then pop for the upgrade yourself afterwords? Or you could just put an oil cooler on it and end the problem. My first seal went out at 600 miles. Put a new one in and an oil cooler. Got 3300 on that second seal now-no sign of even seepage yet.

I just had mine replaced, under extended warranty for free

Upgrade I believe, the new seal has a different part #

Upgrade I believe, the new seal has a different part #
The upgraded seal has a new dust cover housing that bolts up on the rear of the motor.... And I believe a new half shaft as well

Fueling The Addiction Using Tapatalk

Attachments

The upgraded seal has a new dust cover housing that bolts up on the rear of the motor.... And I believe a new half shaft as well

Fueling The Addiction Using Tapatalk
If that's the case, they replaced it with the old version seal. I will talk with Koretsky and see if he can get me the upgrade

ok guys i jus got off the phone with kawi and i got the part numbers to the items we need to do the conversion.

Seal 92049-0160

Housing 41046-0025

Shaft 13310-0028

i was old that this is all we would need to convert the rear

i ordered my parts and they showed up today except they sent the wrong seal, what i have noticed is i am pretty sure you dont need the housing, as it looks the same as my 09 one, and when checking the part numbers ( this stuff kawi is saying is the update is actually parts off of the 2012 brute) the housings are the same from my 09 to the 2012 both have the same part number 41046-0025 , the numbers that are different are the seal and the shaft.. it'll save you $80.00, just waiting for the seal to do this swap....

I rode with a 2012 brute this past weekend And decided to take a look at the new seal And cover And all his bike isn't even broke in it's maybe second ride or so and that new seal is already leaking around that little shield so Idk what good it does anyone else seen this?

ok guys i jus got off the phone with kawi and i got the part numbers to the items we need to do the conversion.

Seal 92049-0160

Housing 41046-0025

Shaft 13310-0028

i was old that this is all we would need to convert the rear
so whats the update with this and do i need all three parts for a 2009

so all we really need to do this upgrade is the front part of the driveshaft and the seal since the housing is the same as whats on any brute prior to 2012 thanks

so all we really need to do this upgrade is the front part of the driveshaft and the seal since the housing is the same as whats on any brute prior to 2012 thanks
Is this true? Just the Seal and housing? I hope this works.. I'm tired of changing mine every other month. :banghead:
Please let me know so I can order my parts soon.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.